Velo Razzo Road Frame and Carbon Fiber Fork Frames

4.45/5 (11 Reviews)

Submitted by Richard Bernard

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2015

Strengths:    Fast for a older bike I rebuilt the bike and I love it.

Weaknesses:    You cant find another

Bottom Line:
I Love the look of the velo Razzo and the I cant the company that sold them .

Submitted by austincrx a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2008

Strengths:    the price is the biggest, and the ease of finding components to work w/ frame

Weaknesses:    seams that the BB moves from side to side when I'm pedaling hard on the trainer, but I'm not sure

Weighs 4.25 lbs.- ok for all aluminum frame, but they have lighter ones.

Bottom Line:
Frame is great for the price. Light and stiff. I built it up with random components: MicroShift 10sp double shifters, FSA Mega-Exo bottom bracket and FSA Gossamer double crank, Nashbar/Microshift F&R derailleurs, Shimano 11-23 cassette & wheels, Alpha-Q True Temper GS-20 fork.
Total weight for this is right under 20lbs.

1 1/8" steerer tube, will need internal headset (cane creek ZS-6 I think is what I used)
700c size wheels
27.2 mm seatpost
68mm english Bottom Bracket
clamp-on 31.8 mm front derailleur
31.8 mm seatpost clamp
Campagnolo bottom cable guide
head tube length is 4.5" (I think) so use a steerer that is ATLEAST 6.5" (you can always cut it)
send me a message if you want anymore specs.

Frame size-
56cm (from center of BB to top of seatpost clamp)

I would recommend this to anyone who is just getting into biking and really wants to build a bike/get a cheap, but decent bike.

Favorite Ride:   Anything that winds downhill

Purchased At:   e-bay

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn Traveler III (30lbs. and tough!)

Bike Setup:   see summary^^^

Submitted by Kelby a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2006

Strengths:    Stiffness. Accelerates and climbs like no other bike out there.

Weaknesses:    Stiffness. Even with the carbon seat stays, you still feel some road vibration. But the bike's efficiency is worth it.

Bottom Line:
I bought the VeloRazzo frame on e-bay. 7005 aluminum with carbon seat stays. I was riding a $2500 Wilier K2 frame and fork that the carbon started cracking on, and they would not warranty it. I was on a tight budget, and thought I would give the VeloRazzo a try. Can't beat $179.00. Built it with full Campy Record from the Wilier piece of crap. WOW!! What a difference. This frame is stiffer than the Wilier, and handles much better. Great smooth welds, and no issues building it up. This bike climbs like no other bike I have owned. As soon as I come across a spare $200, I'm probably going to buy another frame just to have in case I would crash this one. It's that good.

Favorite Ride:   Anything with climbs.

Purchased At:   ediscountbike on e-b

Similar Products Used:   Giant TCR Zero, full Campy Chorus.
Wilier K2 Karbon, full Campy Record.

Bike Setup:   VeloRazzo Vincitore frame, full Campy Record, Wilier full carbon fork, Cane Creek headset, Ritchey bar and stem, Campy Record pedals, Rolf Sestriere wheels, 39 X 53 chainrings, 11-23 cassette.

Submitted by devans a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2005

Strengths:    Very comfortable ride. Solid bottom bracket with little flex (I weigh 155)Climbs quickly, descends with stability

Weaknesses:    frame is very light, no track record to speak of yet

Bottom Line:
Bike is very light. Somewhat steep angles make for fairly quick handling. No major issues building, 1 1/8" integrated headset, 27.2 seatpost all easy parts to find. Overall quality very good. Joints very smooth, no sharp edges anywhere on bike. Joints are quite clean.

Favorite Ride:   Velorazzo

Purchased At:   e-bay

Bike Setup:   Full Campy Chorus, Kinesis carbon forks, carbon fiber seatpost-bar-stem. Flite ti-rail, Time magnesium

Submitted by tommyz a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2004

Strengths:    Light weight, fast geometry, bright blue color.

Weaknesses:    paint may chip, there may be quality issues with the threading

Bottom Line:
Interesting frame! Didn't see much in the way of reviews when I got it last winter, but now after using it a bit I can write one up.

This is made very nicely, and has a tight, aggressive geometry and a relatively lower bottom bracket, at least on the 50cm version I have. 170mm cranks don't appear to be a problem, though I use it for triathlons and time trials and general riding, not criterions.
The seatpost size is 27.0, and the headset is 1" - not as common, but not unobtainable. The bottom bracket is 68mm, and like another reviewer I had a problem getting the BB on - I tried forcing mine, but it wouldn't go. For a small price (10.00), the folks at REI 'chased' the threads, and all was well - so there may be a common defect to watch for. I did notice that the paint chips easy, but since Specialized put out a similar color and I was also able to get matching touch up paint. The folks at REI noted that the dropouts seemed suspiciously familiar, and this frame may have been made by one of the larger shops that make frames for many different companies. The largest practical tire size to use is 23c - the rear is pretty tight-I was able to sqeeze a 25c in, but it was to close to the seat tube to use without rubbing.

This frame feels fast and responsive, and it certainly stands out both on the road and in a triathlon transition area -
I have no way to verify that this was made from 'genuine' dedadaccia tubing or is a well crafted fake, but it's has held up for numerous weekend rides and a couple of sprint triathlons (I do notice some BB creak on standing climbs) This frame is very light, so be careful- I got a nice ding in it when it fell over in the garage.

Favorite Ride:   Velorazzo