Giant Escape 2 Commuter Bike

4.88/5 (8 Reviews)

• Store Price

HOW TO PURCHASE A GIANT BICYCLE Giant Bicycles are only sold our Corona,CA retail store (2410 Wardlow Road, Suite 109, Corona, CA, 92880). This item cannot be purchased online or at our Riverside, CA location. If you are interested...

Submitted by BikeLover a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2013

Strengths:    Speed. Comfort. Reliability.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I bought my Giant Escape 2 on 1/09/13 and I have logged 256 miles on it ( 3 weeks ) and I love this bike! What I love most about it is how fast it goes. It has 700x32 tires on it but you can put thinner ones if you need to go even faster. I ride for fun, exercise, and for stress relief. I ride 300-400 miles a month. I sold my Giant Sedona ST ( another great bike ) and bought this because of how much I ride, the Sedona was great for a 26inch but this is even better, it’s more of a road bike which is what I wanted. I test rode the Cannondale Quick 6 and didn’t like it at all, it just didn’t feel right for me. I test rode the Escape 2 and loved it. Test ride the Giant Escape 2, I think you’ll love it too. I heard other cyclists say, even ones who own different brands, that Giant gives you more for your money. They sure did!

Favorite Ride:   Giant Escape 2

Purchased At:   McCully bicycle shop

Bike Setup:   Planet Bike Men's A.R.S. Anatomic Relief Bicycle Saddle, Arkon SM432 Mega Grip Bicycle and Motorcycle Mount for Smartphone, Diamondback Sound Pedal, Portland Design Works Danger Zone Tail Light, Planet Bike Blaze 2Watt LED Headlight, Mr. Tuffy Bicycle Tire Liner, Zefal Bicycle Rim Tape, Mirrycle Incredibell Original Bicycle Bell, Bell Dawn Patrol LED Headlight, Kryptonite Evo Mini-7 with 4-Foot Flex Lock, Ibera Bicycle Aluminum Bottle Cage, Camelbak Podium Big Chill 25 oz Bottle, Avenir Bigmouth Velcro Seat Bag (Medium- 55/73 Cubic Inches).

Submitted by mat a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2013

Strengths:    Durable, fast, comfortable, reliable

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike while on the road for work for an extended period, and I loved it so much that I shipped it home to use as my primary bike. Its low cost and yet brilliantly comfortable ride make it one of the best bargains on the market. Since 9/12 I have logged over 630 miles on my Giant Escape 2, and now that I've upgraded to a more costly road bike, this has become my urban commuter bike, replacing my KHS Urban Xpress, which isn't as fast or durable as my Giant. It was, without a doubt, the best $400 I have spent in my life. I love this bike!

Similar Products Used:   KHS Urban Xpress

Submitted by Mindcontrol

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2012

Strengths:    Fast, Fun, Appearance.

Weaknesses:    Saddle

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike to be my first commuter bike ever. I had planned on riding 14 miles R/T from my place to work everyday. After using this bike for 1 month I must say that I can't get enough of it. My first week of having it I easily put 100 miles on it. Very smooth ride and the bike itself is attractive and fast. As another reviewer had said, it's easy to keep up with those spandex boys. This has made me a believer in the Giant brand and I would look at other models in the future.

Submitted by peter h a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2012

Strengths:    works well in nyc terrain.

Weaknesses:    some front wheel brake squeaking from picking up oil? in manhattan.
i wish gear changes were faster.

Bottom Line:
this is my first real bicycle. comparison is to an old murray toy's r us type bike. I have approx 30 miles on this bike in manhattan and it does what i need it to do. it has enough gearing to handle the hills both up and down. brakes work great. its lighter than my old bike. it looks really cool. i'm really happy with this as my starter bike for nyc use. I'm a biking novice and this suits me great.

Purchased At:   ciel on 65th st

Submitted by nicholas perez

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2012

Strengths:    Pretty fast,great price

Weaknesses:    A little heavy,pedals are real basic

Bottom Line:
Took the bike out for a 12 mile on the streets of the bronx into manhatten and a up the 110th street hill in the park.It held up with the spandex boys.I have a road bike specificlly for clean miles.but this bike is tough and makes up speed with toughness.Great job Giant.