Giant Tran Sport DX Commuter Bike

• 24-speed drivetrain to tackle the urban jungle
  • Unity Comfort Groove saddle for cycling comfort
  • Front and rear racks that expand along with your cargo

Submitted by Giantcypress1 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2009

Strengths:    Racks are awesome. The Alivio componants work just as good as my Fuji with XT at more than half the price. The trekking bars offer great hand positions.

Weaknesses:    The foam grip tape stuff on the bars suck. Replace with cork bar tape. Although not a weakness the rims are deep dish with scharder ports, spo you need tubes with extended scharder stems. Hard to find in 26" at LBS. Needed to order for spares, so I got four.

Bottom Line:
I have had the Trans Sport now for over a year and it has handled everything I have rode it on flawless. I use it for city commuting, rail trails, general riding. The racks hold a ton of stuff. The stock seat is very good but will be replaced by a Brooks Flyer this winter. I changed out the tires to Bontrager Comfort. This is going to be my ride on the Erie Canal Trail ride(400+ miles).

Favorite Ride:   Giant Trans Sport DX

Similar Products Used:   I have a Giant Cypress DX that i have added racks, trekking bars, Brooks seat, panniers and fenders. I ues that also for commuting and for road touring.(700c)

Bike Setup:   Stock except for changing tires to Bontrager Comfort. Can't beat Bontrager tires. IMHO