Kona Bicycle Co. Dew Plus Commuter Bike

Submitted by Dipsomaniac a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2010

Strengths:    - light
- comfortable
- mechanical disk brakes are basic, but work well and are easy to adjust.

Weaknesses:    - paint seems soft. Then again, a bike isn't an art piece.
- aluminum on rough roads is harsher than alloy. It's also lighter - trades are made all over.

Bottom Line:
This bike is a replacement for my beloved, 15 year-old Specialized MTB that was stolen. Frankly, it's a better bike all around for what I do now. I got a good deal on a 2nd-hand 2010 that was sold because the owner couldn't ride anymore.
It's light, the components are good (if basic in spots), and very comfortable over longer distances for recreation. Tires seem good, especially after using off-road tires on asphalt. I've never used disk brakes before, and even the basic Hayes mechanicals on the KDP are much better than rim brakes.

Purchased At:   2nd Hand (verified t

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Rockhopper
Giant Cypress

Bike Setup:   Stock, except for new grips and a basic Al rack on the back.

Submitted by med1972 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
I know nothing about bikes. Love my new Dew Plus. Feels super light to me, weighs in at about 30lbs including my Axiom rack. Cost me $700 including the rack, helmet, and a lock. The bike was $550 list. I don't really know enough to comment in much more detail. Seems like a great commuter to me. Might look at some faster tires in the spring.

Purchased At:   Gear & Grinds

Bike Setup:   So far, just the bare bike plus an Axiom rack. Panniers and clip-less pedals to follow in the spring.