Lynskey Performance Designs Sportive Disc Commuter Bike

The Sportive Disc road bike is the newest addition to our Lynskey disc-ready road lineup. Designed for the high miles, long days in the saddle Gran Fondo / Sportive set where stable, comfortable geometry and sure, steady steering are prized. The Sportive’s oversized down tube creates a stable front end and solid acceleration. Curved seatstays take the edge off rough roads and the mechanical disc brakes, with disc specific cable routing for fully housed cable or hydraulic lines, add the assurance of ever certain stopping power and precision in less than perfect weather. Caliper mounts are fully compatible with all major disc brake calipers including the new Sram Red 22 hydraulic, Avid bb5, and Avid bb7 Road. Pictured here with our Lynskey Endurance disc fork, which you can add to your order.

Submitted by Robbie Driver

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2014

Strengths:    Smooth secure ride. Greatly reduces road buzz. I was surprised how fast the bike is.

Weaknesses:    Some people may think a few extra pounds over a carbon frame is an issue. I personally feel having the disk brakes and solid feeling is worth the trade off. Love the bike

Bottom Line:
The most comfortable bike I have owned. After recovering from a major pace line accident I was looking for comfort. This bike has so much less road buzz than a carbon frame. It is easy on my reconstructed shoulder. After 10 months off the bike due to the accident the Lynskey made a metric century easy on the body. This is a quick, smooth and secure feeling ride. Will never return to a carbon frame.

Submitted by Mike DeBiasi

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2013

Strengths:    Great all around Bike
Super Gravel Bike
Great long distance riding comfort
Long distance Machine
Very stable on down hill speeds

Weaknesses:    Not a Road racing bike but i new that when i bought it.

Bottom Line:
If your looking for a bike that does it all this is it!! Throw some skinnys on it for the summer and you have your road bike. Pop on some packs and a wider road tire and head cross contry. Throw on some 32 tires with tread and a pair of fenders and you have your winter ride or gravel bike.
This bike is a real machine made to ride hard and give you a smooth ride.
Need a bike that will last and take a beating this is it also.I ride around 6,500 miles per year with many 100 to 200 mile rides.

Purchased At:   Lynsky

Submitted by Tommy B a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2013

Strengths:    Build quality
Frame material

Bottom Line:
Great bike for long distance as well as touring/ commuting. With fenders and a rack this is the best all around bike.

Submitted by Bill Ordnung

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2013

Strengths:    The ride quality is great, corning is like you are on a rail, fit is just like a road bike, braking is great, looks great.

Weaknesses:    The rider!!!!

Bottom Line:
If you ride tar and chip this bike will make you feel like you are on new pavement. I started looking at this bike because I am getting older but I still like to ride long miles. I turn 51 in April and the roads in PA keep getting worse. The first ride I took I could feel how much smother the road felt. This bike is every thing I had hoped for and more.

Submitted by NYCfixie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2013

Strengths:    Ride and frame quality.

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
This is a review about the Sportive Disc but starts with a CooperCX.

I already own an R230 and wanted something for the dirt and decided on a CooperCX. I bought it via Don, had it shipped, had it built up by a local shop, and was ready to go. After swapping cranks/parts from a compact double 50/34 to a cross 46/36 and then to a triple 52/39/30, swapping a few sets of tires, and a few seatposts with different setbacks, I could not get comfortable on the bike. I realized that while I had visions of dirt and trail riding the frame was just not going to work for me because the front was top tube was too long and the headset too low.

A year later, and well after the size exchange program, I called Don and he worked out an amazing deal to swap/upgrade from my CooperCX to the Sportive Disc. It was never a matter of if he could do it, it was just a matter of how he could make it happen.

I have had the Sportive Disc for a few months know and the ride is just amazing. Every single part swapped over from the CooperCX so I now have a responsive road bike with 28c tires, fenders, triple crank, rear rack, and bars where I need them – closer to me and up higher.

The Sportive Disc rides just like a road bike…it is crazy how light and agile it really is but that does not surprise me because it has the geometry of the standard non-Disc Sportive which is very similar to my R230. I can pack a lunch in the rear pack and anything else I need for a nice long day trip with the wife and not have to worry if the weather gets bad because I have fenders. This is also going to make a really nice off-season training bike because there is nothing I hate more than being out on the R230 in the off-season and having all of the crap on the road sprayed all over me because it lacks fenders.

I think the really important spec on this frame is that it uses a cross fork which futures proofs the frame. If the industry dumps road disc bikes in a few years I will always be able to find a carbon or steel cross disc fork for this frame…good thinking Lynskey!