Lynskey Performance Designs Sportive Disc Commuter Bike

The Sportive Disc road bike is the newest addition to our Lynskey disc-ready road lineup. Designed for the high miles, long days in the saddle Gran Fondo / Sportive set where stable, comfortable geometry and sure, steady steering are prized. The Sportive’s oversized down tube creates a stable front end and solid acceleration. Curved seatstays take the edge off rough roads and the mechanical disc brakes, with disc specific cable routing for fully housed cable or hydraulic lines, add the assurance of ever certain stopping power and precision in less than perfect weather. Caliper mounts are fully compatible with all major disc brake calipers including the new Sram Red 22 hydraulic, Avid bb5, and Avid bb7 Road. Pictured here with our Lynskey Endurance disc fork, which you can add to your order.

Submitted by Joyce M a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2015

Strengths:    Super smooth ride, the bike goes exactly where it's pointed (always a plus!) and I just love the look. Disc brakes a must have and I wouldn't choose anything else.

Weaknesses:    After about 2000kms, the only complaint I have is that the painted Lynskey graphics have chipped a bit. :(

Bottom Line:
My previous bike was a hybrid commuter with disc brakes that was great for riding to and from work each day and the weekend cruise to the beach. But following retirement I decided I wanted to do more group/road rides. Thus at age 53, the search began for my first ever road bike. I did a lot of research and did consider a carbon bike but in the end decided I wanted a comfortable bike for the longer rides - and something that would be a bit timeless. I didn't want something that I would need to upgrade in a few years. I guess I wanted something that I'd be happy to keep for 20 years or more. So I was happy to spend a little more now for longevity into the future.

I wasn't in a rush and read almost every review I could find and spoke to some trusted friends. Deciding on the Ti bike was the first step and this was quickly followed by deciding on the Lynskey Sportive Disc. A former work colleague also rides Lynskey and suggested I take a look. It just fit the bill of everything I was looking for - I really wanted to retain the disc brakes and wanted a relatively relaxed geometry for those longer rides.

Luckily one of my son's best friends owns bike shop and was more than happy to custom build a bike for me. It was a great process and allowed me to have a lot of input while taking on board the advice of a pro. Many thanks to Sash at Switch Bike Co Ipswich (QLD Australia) for an awesome experience and great service.

After my first 2000kms - I love her. Libby (short short for Liberty) is just super smooth and a joy to ride. And she looks great too.

Purchased At:   Switch Bike Co Ipswi

Bike Setup:   Lynskey Sportive Disc
Lynskey Carbon Endurance Disc Fork
SRAM Force 22 Hydraulic
Wheelset: American Classic

Submitted by Fred Jackson a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2014

Strengths:    Lively, responsive frame. Low transmission of vibration. Smooth over bumps. Ultegra 6800 is unbelievable.

Weaknesses:    None noted so far.

Bottom Line:
I've been riding all carbon fiber performance bikes for the past 32,700 miles. After a mountain trip this fall I went shopping for a reasonably priced disc brake road bike that wouldn't feel like a slug after my carbon fiber "hot" bikes. I was also looking for more "granny gear" without going to a triple. The Sportive Disc with Ultegra 6800 11-32 compact system satisfied all these requirements. Concerned about weight? Do the research and a little arithmetic. My daily body weight variance is greater than the weight difference between the Sportive Disc frame and my past carbon fiber frames. This frame is plenty lively and responsive. The bike comes with 700-28 tires but I changed to 700-25s which is probably a better transition for me, having been used to 700-23s on my carbon bikes. Most noticeable difference for me is the absence of vibration transmitted from road surface. I found the Linskey company hard to deal with, but their product is great!

Purchased At:   Two Wheeler Dealer,

Submitted by Aaron a Commuter

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2014

Strengths:    Beautiful, smooth ride, descends extremely well and climbs as well as my carbon bike. Generally a very nice place to be.

Weaknesses:    Heavier than my carbon bike but I don't personally notice the difference.

Bottom Line:
Love the bike to bits. Will be selling my carbon bike as it doesn't do anything better than this bike.

This really is a do everything type of bike. I use it for commuting, hill climbs, fast weekend rides. No problems with any of those tasks.

I'm running a rear fender only as adding a front fender on the ML frame introduces toe overlap that would annoy me (others may not care). I wear size 43 shoes and I'm running mtb cleats and I my shoes just touch the tyre (not as bad as my carbon bike). Hope that helps others work out if they will have toe overlap.

Submitted by Robbie Driver

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2014

Strengths:    Smooth secure ride. Greatly reduces road buzz. I was surprised how fast the bike is.

Weaknesses:    Some people may think a few extra pounds over a carbon frame is an issue. I personally feel having the disk brakes and solid feeling is worth the trade off. Love the bike

Bottom Line:
The most comfortable bike I have owned. After recovering from a major pace line accident I was looking for comfort. This bike has so much less road buzz than a carbon frame. It is easy on my reconstructed shoulder. After 10 months off the bike due to the accident the Lynskey made a metric century easy on the body. This is a quick, smooth and secure feeling ride. Will never return to a carbon frame.

Submitted by Mike DeBiasi

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2013

Strengths:    Great all around Bike
Super Gravel Bike
Great long distance riding comfort
Long distance Machine
Very stable on down hill speeds

Weaknesses:    Not a Road racing bike but i new that when i bought it.

Bottom Line:
If your looking for a bike that does it all this is it!! Throw some skinnys on it for the summer and you have your road bike. Pop on some packs and a wider road tire and head cross contry. Throw on some 32 tires with tread and a pair of fenders and you have your winter ride or gravel bike.
This bike is a real machine made to ride hard and give you a smooth ride.
Need a bike that will last and take a beating this is it also.I ride around 6,500 miles per year with many 100 to 200 mile rides.

Purchased At:   Lynsky