Norco Products VFR 1 Disc Commuter Bike

• Exo compact cranks
  • Shimano M505 clipless pedals

Submitted by Nik a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2010

Strengths:    Good value, I rode this bike from one side of Toronto to the other year round and loved it.

Weaknesses:    Poor handlebars, replaced them with screw-ons. And the frame cracked inside of two years.

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike because I was told it was a good entry-level commuter bike, in case I didn't decide to stick with it. Well, I ended up loving it and I rode the thing practically every day for almost two years. I liked it fine until the frame cracked. It's under warranty, but I wish it had been built properly in the first place. Maybe my case is an exception, but I thought I would get the word out that this has happened.

Favorite Ride:   Toronto waterfront

Purchased At:   Bikes on Wheels

Submitted by Dav a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2008

Strengths:    Solid component set at this price. Factory welds but multisection tubeset, curvey seatstays, carbon fork...make it the "together" buy

Weaknesses:    Swapped out the handgrips (crap) for lockons. Colour could be maybe nicer

Bottom Line:
Love this bike. Previous bike was a 07 Kona JTS that neither fit nor was set up (or fixed) by the LBS. This is almost half the price and so much better in every respect.

Favorite Ride:   Norco VFR 1