Sette Xion Commuter Bike

• Crankset: Truvativ Touro C2.0 PS 50-36
  • Cassette: Shimano Tiagra 12-25T 9 Speed

Submitted by Stephen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2011

Strengths:    For $600 you are getting quality components and a frame that feels like it can handle years of abuse. The Best Value I have ever seen in biking!

Weaknesses:    Questionable looking carbon weave fork. That said I'm not a fan of the brake pads provided because, they are magnets to debris and squeal unless they have just been wiped clean.

Bottom Line:
Living in New York you are constantly being challenged by cars, potholes, other cyclists, and pedestrians. And after trying out a few road bikes with dropped bars, I realized that this wouldn't work for a fitness/city bike; which is what brought me to the Xion. Every road bike I tested at the $1200-2000 level didn't really impress me with the weight (low-mid 20lbs). I weighed my 60cm (I'm 6'2") with pedals and it came in at 18.3lbs; lower then mfr claims on a 56cm. After riding a few times I realized that the angle of the stem was exactly the opposite degree of what I would have liked..flipped it upside down and eureka!

Favorite Ride:   NYC Westside Bike path

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Quick Carbon 1/2, Quick 1

Bike Setup:   Inverted Stem, Wellgo LU-C19 Platform Pedals, Blackburn Voyager click Mars LED, NiteRider MiNewt Mini-USB LED, Sigma BC 1606L W/Cadence Wireless Computer