Specialized Vita Elite Commuter Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• Store Price

Specialized Vita Elite: The Vita Elite enjoys the pure speed of an E5 aluminum road bike with the comfort and confidence that comes from a frame designed to meet the unique needs of woman riders. The flat bar is perfect for exercising...

Submitted by Deany a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2012

Strengths:    This bike is light, quick, responsive and fun to ride. I am using it for a 24 mile commute on rural roads and a state highway. The fork was wide enough for me to switch out the tires for 38's instead of the 28's it came with. This has made the bike more gravel friendly for when I need to take the shoulder or wonder onto a bike path.

Weaknesses:    The white saddle (which I swtiched out) and white hand grips.

Bottom Line:
I love my Vita Elite and would buy another in a heartbeat. I am 5'2" and am riding a Small. Perfect fit. This bike has become my "go to bike" and has replaced my MTB for use on the gravel bike path and for my commute.

Submitted by tad

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2012

Strengths:    Rides well; easy to maneuver.

Weaknesses:    All white - especially the handgrips - gets dirty fast. It lands hard on road bumps.

Bottom Line:
I ride this bike. Before purchasing it last year, I also tested the Specialized Sirrus Comp. I went with the women-specific Vita. Sometimes I feel that the frame is too short for me. My hind quarters can end up hanging off the back of the seat. For some reason, perhaps the Sirrus was a better fit for me - which is wierd because I'm only 5-2. The Vita handles very well and is easy to ride. I've found that it's a little bit hard on the bumps and holes in the roadway, though. I'm not a professional rider and my bike is all tricked out with baskets and panniers. I take it to the store and on bike trips. I'm not digging the all white color either. My hand grips are all blackened now - even though I wear gloves. The 2012 model has nice berry color that i'd probably prefer.