Diamondback DellaCruz 1.0 Cruiser Bike

1.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Frame Material: 6061 T6 aluminum
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: Mens (18"), Womens (16")
Colors: Blue/Black (M/W), Lime/Black (M/W), Purple/Black (W), Red/Orange (M)
Fork: Diamondback
Pedals: Avenir Cruiser
Tires: 26 x 2.125" Kenda cruiser, Flame tread

Submitted by j goertler a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2008

Strengths:    looks good

Weaknesses:    rims are junk makes for a dangerous ride when they brake while riding.

Bottom Line:
bike looks great but after only a few rides the rims began to bend and spokes started to brake on both bikes. yep, we bought two and both same thing happened.

Submitted by Rey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2008

Strengths:    Looks cool.

Weaknesses:    Very poor materials and workmanship. Awful customer service and warranty support.

Bottom Line:
I live in Florida and am a casual/commuter type of rider, so I was looking for a cruiser bike. I wanted something that was comfortable and stylish. The first time I saw this bike, I knew this was what I wanted. Unfortunately, I didn't realize Diamondback had such poor customer service and quality. My bike was less than nine months old and I had noticed that it was riding very rough. I checked the back rim and it was severely bent. I started to check the spokes and found that 8-10 had broke. I brought my bike back to Sports Authority to get repaired. They had it for six weeks! Every time I would call, they would tell me that Diamondback is very slow, but they are waiting on a new rim. Eventually, the rim comes in. I finally pick up my bike up, ride it once, and find that three spokes on the new rim have broken. I wasn't riding trails or anything even close. This happened while riding on paved roads. I brought my bike back to Sports Authority, and it has been 10 more weeks and they still haven't gotten the new rim from Diamondback. Sports Authority claims they have contacted Diamondback several times, but cannot get any info about when the new rim will arrive. I have tried to contact Diamondback myself, but the rude customer service lady would only say that I have to go through Sports Authority for any warranty work. I loved how this bike looked and rode, but after seeing what kind of shoddy materials they use and how unresponsive their customer service is, I would not recommend this bike, or Diamondback for that matter, to anyone. Please consider yourselves warned.

Purchased At:   Sports Authority