Electra Bicycle Company Daisy Womens Cruiser Bike

• Stem: Alloy Classic
  • Frame: Stream Ride Hi-Ten Steel

Submitted by Elisa a Commuter

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2009

Strengths:    Awesome in so many ways - check my blog for all the details.

Weaknesses:    Umm...the chain falls off occasionally, but that's the case with every bike.

Bottom Line:
I just bought the Townie 7D in hot pink and I love it! I did a detailed review of the bike on my blog here with photos and everything:

I hope you find my thoughts helpful. I discuss why I chose the bike and what features stand out the most. It took me two months and over a dozen trips to various bike stores to pick this baby out. I've had it for a few months now and absolutely love it! Such a smooth and easy ride! I love that celebrities are getting into them!

Just when you thought the standard bike couldn't be improved - Townie comes by and revolutionizes it! Such a brilliant idea to rotate the standing position! And I love the designers that they have gotten involved with the bike design!

Favorite Ride:   Women's Townie 7D

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Other bikes.

Bike Setup:   Rear baskets and white handle bar grip pads and seat.

Submitted by RhondaBennett a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2008

Strengths:    It's COOL! Rides great, hand and coaster brake, balanced, conversation starter!

Weaknesses:    The design didn't allow for much room between the seat and the kid seat I put on the back - my grandson is a little squished but ok.

Bottom Line:
I fell in love with my Pink Townie as soon as I walked in the bike shop! It rides like a dream. I put a basket on the front and a kid seat on the back for my grandson. We ride all the time!

Favorite Ride:   Electra Townie

Purchased At:   Motion Cycle Fitness

Bike Setup:   Hand and coaster brakes, all systems set up by bike shop.

Submitted by Garthmo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2008

Strengths:    Comfort
Paint job
Quality
Rack on the back to put a basket

Weaknesses:    Maybe test ride before you buy. My wife is 5.0ft tall and she has the seat at the lowest possible height.

Bottom Line:
My wife saw some other Electra Bikes in town so looked through the catologue and came accross this bike, and immediatly fell in love with it! Great for cruising around town and very comfortable. She loves the paint job.

Favorite Ride:   Daisy