Electra Bicycle Company Rockabilly Boogy Cruiser Bike

• Stem: Threadless 4 Bolt
  • Frame: 7005 Aluminum with Hydroformed Top Tube

Submitted by john martin a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2011

Strengths:    bicycle built to last. Lifer bmx rider is known to be hard on the equiptment!

Weaknesses:    Broke seat spring off first two weeks in service.

Bottom Line:
Totally love my rockabillyboogie an investment I will always treasure. Not for sale. John Martin st.pete fl.

Similar Products Used:   cannondale. and several highend bicycles.too many to list.

Bike Setup:   Completely original rockabillyboogie. INCLUDED BROKEN SEAT.

Submitted by scotsmaninusa a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2010

Strengths:    looks and I think the bike is built well

Weaknesses:    none really

Bottom Line:
found an original red rockabilly boogy with triple tree forks for only $200 on craigslist.love the bike.great for cruisin.get stares wherever you go.I just love the color.

Favorite Ride:   electras

Purchased At:   craigslist

Similar Products Used:   I also have an electra amsterdam balloon 8d

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Legcramp a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2010

Strengths:    Looks, build quality, customer support, comfort, shifts smoothly, turns heads

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I bought the limited edition Rockabilly in the silver paint. Gorgeous bike. Rides comfortably. Had a slight issue with the original seat... when I contacted Elektra they replaced it without question. LOVE this bike!

Favorite Ride:   Elektra Rockabilly Boogie

Purchased At:   Albright's

Similar Products Used:   I road-tested several other Elektra models before settling on the Rockabilly. Townie, RatRod, Rat Fink...

Bike Setup:   Completely stock.

Submitted by Nathan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2008

Strengths:    Great style, steady ride, extremely comfortable, and with the 3 speed very versatile.

Weaknesses:    Silly "Rockabilly Boogy" lettering. Poseur-ville

Bottom Line:
What a great bike! After our son was about riding age, ie, 10 months old, my wife and I decided to get bikes to cruise around the neighborhood on. "Set up" mountain bikes wouldn't cut it as they're too stiff and not relaxed enough for cruising. When we saw the Electra line, we had to have them. I got the Rockabilly, and my wife got the Black Betty. Much fun!

Favorite Ride:   Electra Rockabilly Boogy

Purchased At:   fFt Tire Cycles

Bike Setup:   Added ToPeak rack for child's seat.

Submitted by Garthmo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2008

Strengths:    Low seat height so I dont have to get off the seat to put my foot down and hang out at a stop sign or to chat with people. Very comfortable riding position. 3 speed internal hub. And just plain good looks!

Weaknesses:    Low pedal height so if your turning sharply dont have the pedal down or you will scrap it, but not a big deal in my opinion. Don't expect to be racing on this beauty though, it aint built for speed.

Bottom Line:
Super nice ride with all the good looks you would hope for. If your looking for a nice comfy ride and aint in a hurry to get anywhere your looking at the right bike. I was looking at getting the 2008 Straight Eight version of this bike but after seeing the 2008 Rockabilly color sceme I had to have it! Took it out for a test ride and wow is it comfy with it's low seat height and chest high bars. And with the fatty tires and the springer seat it absorbs most all the little bumps you could encounter on the road. Have always used a mountain bike to ride and got tired of the racer bent over position to ride around town, and the Rockabilly is everything I hoped it would be. Super good for cruising around town and just enjoying the ride.

Favorite Ride:   Electra Rockabilly