Schwinn Heavy Duti Cruiser Bike

• Classic ’32 designed Schwinn Camel Back frame
  • Schwinn scooped stainless steel fenders and Rust Proof chain
  • Heavy Duti cruiser tires with thorn resistant tubes.
  • Corrosion resistant alloy wheels
  • Classic Schwinn 2-spring saddle
  • B.E.D. coated handlebars, stem, crank, chainwheel & seatpost
  • Shimano coaster brake

Submitted by Jason a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2007

Strengths:    It's very rugged and easy to ride; it's extemely simple; it's fun to ride; it's good looking !! I get comments from everyone wherever I go -- people at bike shops are impressed that anyone can ride something so heavy, riders like the simplicity and passers-by like the old-tyme appearence. You get a great workout because it's so heavy.

Weaknesses:    It's very heavy and speed is limited by single-speed gearing. There's no point in pedaling above 17mph (for me). I find a comfortable, on-the-level, no-headwind cruising speed to be about 14 mph. The farthest I've ridden is 31 miles at a time.

Bottom Line:
I bought my bike from a private seller -- I think it's a 2002 model. She said her ex-husband had to have this beastie then rode it four times. It was like new when I got it except for cosmetics. It's easy to ride anywhere -- offers a smooth road ride, handles gravel paths easily. You get appreciative looks no matter where you ride from everyone. You don't have to worry about bumps, holes, curbs, etc ... because of the heavy tires and wheels. This bike makes you feel like an eight-year-old again and is a delight to ride. It's my favorite bike !! Try it and you may agree.

Favorite Ride:   being out on the bike

Purchased At:   private party

Similar Products Used:   girls six-speed beachcruiser w/a basket -- the grocery getter.

Bike Setup:   all stock except for cyclometer and blinkie lights