Specialized Fatboy Chopper Cruiser Bike

The laid-back Fat Boy Moto frame is constructed of our A1 Premium Aluminum, with a Transform top tube, internal brake cable routing, and an integrated center-stand mount for a clean look and absolute style. The Fat Boy A1 Premium Aluminum double-clamp fork is disc brake only and designed for chopper-specific strength. Avid's BB5 mechanical disc brakes, paired with 8-inch G2 Clean Sweep rotors, provide sure and steady stopping power, whenever you need it. The Fat Boy wheelset features our A1 Moto front and rear hubs that are forged and CNC machined for strength and a clean look; sealed cartridge bearings provide smooth-rolling, trouble-free performance; the wide Fat Boy 24x3.5-inch tires complete the moto look.

Submitted by Johnnie Dorman

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2014

Strengths:    The "strengths" are automatically there, just for the fact that the Fatboy Chopper Cruiser Bike was built by Specialized. I own a Specialized Stump Jumper and used to own a Specialized Rock Hopper. Both bikes were of the highest quality and I wouldn't buy any other brand of Mountain bike.

Weaknesses:    I have seen the Fatboy Chopper in person, never did get to ride one, but just by what the owner told me and what I saw, there seems to be no weaknesses other than I would like to see a sissy bar on the bike and maybe a longer seat to go with the sissy bar and attaching the sissy bar to the back of the seat. The bike frame and parts are all of the highest quality and durability.

Bottom Line:
I love everything about this chopper made by Specialized. It is much more attractive to me than the other chopper style bikes I have seen out there. Although the price is hard for me to handle, I will be getting it. Now that I know that these bikes are still being made by Specialized, I will be gathering up the money so that I can buy one, that's for sure. I didn't think that Specialized is still making these chopper models. I thought I could no longer buy one, but a friend of mine found this page and sent me the link to it. I am very happy that I can still buy one, and with how popular chopper style bicycles are these days, I'm sure that they will continue to be bought by people like myself. I already own two 26 inch fat tire bikes made by Mongoose, along with a 2005 twenty inch fat tire Schwinn Mant-Ray, but the Specialized Chopper is what I want to finish off my collection of fat tire bikes in the twenty inch chopper category. Really love the bike, and the Specialized company never fails to impress me with how much they put into their bicycles.