Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7 Cyclocross Bike

• ITM 300 SuperOver handlebar
  • DA-32 3D forged stem

Submitted by Eric Borden a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2010

Strengths:    carbon fiber seat stays, fork, smooth ride

Weaknesses:    the stock saddle is extremely uncomfortable, tiagra front derailler

Bottom Line:
Love this bike. I have always wanted a Bianchi. I test rode at a local shop and immediately fell in love with it. The bike geometry is less aggressive than a racing bike and allows for the miles to fly by. The aluminum frame with carbon seat stays and fork absorb a lot of road vibrations.

the only down side is the tiagra front derailler. the shifts are imprecise and take a some effort.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere any time any place

Purchased At:   Niantic Bay Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   Fuji Newest

Bike Setup:   tiagra drivetrain, 105 rear derailler, rc brakes

Submitted by tallxcrunner a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2009

Strengths:    Price
Robustness
Pretty Frame

Weaknesses:    Comes with a crappy hanger
A lot of frame flex
20 lbs is slightly heavy

Bottom Line:
I'm a very frugal rider. This bike is excellent for the price I paid. That being said, its not perfect. Ready to ride, its about 20 lbs, a bit on the heavy side. Frame flex is quite noticeable when sprinting. For the same reason, vibration damping is not quite that good, but not bad either. Also, the derailleur hanger it came standard with broke within a month. It appeared like a very shotty design... but I replaced it with a more robust one.

Bottom line:
If you're looking for a good entry level racing bike, this bike is as good as any for a good price. It has served me well for the 1000 or so miles I've put on it so far. Just make sure you get that derailleur hanger replaced... that thing is just terrible.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere scenic and a decent shoulder / low traffic

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   This is the first road bike I've ever owned, but I've had a lot of contact with other road bikes.

Bike Setup:   It came with Shimano wheels and Tiagra 07 9 speed groupset.

Which bike, GTR expert, Schwinn Peloton or C2C Via Nirone 7?

Hello. I am new to road bikes. Been on a mountain bike for the last 20 years. I am 5'11",195 lb and a 32 inseam and 46 years old. I will be riding club rides and maybe a race or two. One of these three bikes will be under me. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.Read More »

C2C Via Nirone 7 sizing question.

Hello. New to the board and new to road bikes. I have been on mountain bikes for the last 20 years. Tried a couple different bikes and I am liking me a C2C Via Nirone 7. I was wanting a little advise on size. I am 5'11", 195 lb, 32 inseam. I looked at several sites. Looks like a 57. Also, wi ... Read More »