BOX Jake Cyclocross Bike

Headset: 1 1/8" threadless Aheadset STS
Front Der: Shimano Sora, bottom-pull/clamp-on
Crankset: TruVativ Elita Cross, 39/48 teeth
Rear Der: Shimano Tiagra
Pedals: Wellgo road w/clips and straps
Tires: 700 x 35c Nokian Ravagozzi Cross

Submitted by wolverine768 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2004

Strengths:    super versatile, light strong(wheels still true)When all the true road sissies are at home polishing their $5000 bikes because it is raining out I have the whole park to myself. Not that too many of them get out with me at 5:30 am anyway even if its warm and dry.

Weaknesses:    would love to have a triple crank sometimes

Bottom Line:
Best bike purchase I evr made. It rips up evrything in the city. I have a rear rack which mounts my daughters baby seat so she can ride with me. When she isnt up I take off the seat and go in like 10 seconds. Only change I made is $17 nashbar clipless pedals( clip on one side, flats on other)

Favorite Ride:   Loop in central park

Purchased At:   Campmor in paramus N

Similar Products Used:   used to be a mountain biker my first semi road bike.

Bike Setup:   Stock, have pedals with clip on one side flats on other from nashbar. Have child seat mounted to a rack that it came with (comes right off). Put in those bar end lights from supergo and have my trail rat from niterider too.

Submitted by wiseman187 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2004

Strengths:    Light frame. Great geometry (I ride a 54cm). I NEVER get tried or cramped riding it. GREAT PRICE!

Weaknesses:    Saddle is a little rough on the back side. Takes some getting used to. The tires have teeth, but don't even try riding through any muck without fenders unless you want the entire puddle on your back.

Bottom Line:
This bike is listed incorrectly. It is actually a KONA bicycle.
I live on the western shore of the Hudson river, across from NYC. Everywhere you look are hills and more hills. This bike makes riding the Palasades easy. I use it to commute into Manhattan as well as a recreational ride. It is built to handle both road and trail and does both very well. I was a mountain bike rider until this bike, and now I don't think i would go back. You can't find a better CycloCross bike for this price with these components. PERIOD.

Favorite Ride:   Any ride with a view of Manhattan