Fuji Bicycles Cross Comp Cyclocross Bike

• Seat post: Fuji Ultralite Alloy, 250mm
  • Stem: Fuji Pro Ultalite Forged Alloy +/- 6 degree

Submitted by fixiedoesit a Commuter

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2011

Strengths:    strong, handles excellent.

Weaknesses:    haven't found one yet.

Bottom Line:
Mine is actually a 2010 model. I love this bike. Very solid and responsive. I don't have any complaints. It handles excellent. Nice stiff frame with a strong carbon fork. The group may not be top notch but for the price you get a good deal. Besides, you can upgrade from there.

Favorite Ride:   any bike ride

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   None, but I've a mnt cannondale, had a Leader Tri-bike, Centurion road, Cello (Colnago) road bike, Vilano (fixie)

Bike Setup:   Have not made any changes/upgrades to the stock components yet.

Submitted by jbrown3429 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2010

Strengths:    The 105 Group is probably the best part of this bike.

Weaknesses:    I don't like the seat post...it's set back a bit which has caused me some grief in trying to find a saddle.

Bottom Line:
This is my first road bike and so far, I really like it. I commute 24 miles round trip 4 days a week and this bike gets me there with a quickness >:-).

Favorite Ride:   Too New to Have An Opinion

Purchased At:   Heartland Cycle

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Colorado Yooper a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2009

Strengths:    Stiff, good midlevel components, durable.

Weaknesses:    the usual on entry level bikes; seat, seatpost, tires, wheel

Bottom Line:
This for a 2009 model.
OK, after the 150 miles this week in the cold and snow of Denver, I can say this bike is performing really well. Other than an out of the blue flat, I have had no problems with the bike.

I upgraded to an Ultegra chain and cassette (11-18)which made a world of difference on the climbs. My next item to switch out is the seatpost, seat and tires, which are just fine as is, but I want to make a toouring bke out of it for the summer so they have to go.

Favorite Ride:   Mt Lemmon

Purchased At:   Performance

Bike Setup:   105 shifter and FD, Ultegra RD, cassette, and chain. Kenda Kwick tires

Submitted by mattlreese a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2009

Strengths:    1. Solid component group with 105 shifters / cassette and ultegra rear derailleur
2. Wheels were very true
3. Low price
4. Free tune ups from Performance for life, this is actually a big deal. I know how to tune my own bikes but it is nice to have professionals do it from time to time.

Weaknesses:    Bottom Bracket - I can see people complaints as mine is starting to make noise at only 300 miles. This is not a fault of the bike however but the bottom bracket that works with the crank. The crank is very nice too which is a shame.

Bottom Line:
I am very impressed with the quality of this bike. The ride quality is very smooth, the bike feels strong (this is important to me since I am 6’4” 200 lbs) and at about 23 lbs it’s not the lightest bike ever but it is light enough. And performance gave me another 10% back which I used to buy better tires and a trip computer so the price can not be beat.

Overall this is a solid entry level bike, with mid level components. I would highly recomend it for anyone looking for an entry level bike that can compete with many mid level bikes which cost at least $500 more.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   crapy hybrid bikes

Submitted by Trucha a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2009

Strengths:    Easy to handle, Carbon forks decrease weight, not bad in the dirt!

Weaknesses:    Crankset by Truvativ apparently junk and had to be replaced at 500 miles...Warranty service by Truvativ is poor according to mechanics...Fuji could care less!

Bottom Line:
I bought the Crosscomp to train on as I am fairly big and I figured it could take more of a beating than a skinny road bike...I have not been disappointed....Smooth, straight, quiet and easy to handle and quite light...The crank set by Truvativ is apparently junk and I had to replace it at 500 miles.

Favorite Ride:   any

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Bike Setup:   Stock

Did I do ok? Fuji Cross Comp

I've been looking on Craigs list for a while for a used drop bar bike I can use on the trainer and ride on gravel roads or inclimate weather. Found an 09 Fuji Cross Comp listed for $600 and got it for $520. A few minor scratches but looks good and judging from the tires and cassette etc looks to b ... Read More »

Fuji Cross Comp

So, I'm fairly new to cycling and after having run cross country for 9 years, I'm getting the itch to try and ride it. I found this bike a few hours from my house and was wondering what everybody thinks about it and the price. The only pricepoint comparison I can make with this bike is what I see ... Read More »

noisy headset fuji cross comp

The headset has been going "clunk" once in a while, especially when starting from a standstill. I had the Performance mechanic adjust it a while ago but it didn't really go away. Should I ask him to re face the bearing seats? Should they do it under warranty? I bought it in April.Read More »

Fuji Cross Comp gearing question

As suggested on this forum and elsewhere, I purchased a Fuji Cross Comp from Performance last December as my cross/road bike. I don't road race, but do training rides in order to get me in better shape for mountain biking, and will do some cross over this winter, so the geometry, fit, and "all in on ... Read More »

fuji cross comp opinions

Thinking of a cross bike for winter training, want something good, durable and inexpensive.. Came accross a leftover at a discount love the way the bike looks, comfortalble with the componentry all shimano 105 and an ultegra rear derailleur, the wheels are junk, really cheap o alex wheels, but th ... Read More »