Fuji Bicycles Cross Comp Cyclocross Bike

• Seat post: Fuji Ultralite Alloy, 250mm
  • Stem: Fuji Pro Ultalite Forged Alloy +/- 6 degree

Submitted by fixiedoesit a Commuter

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2011

Strengths:    strong, handles excellent.

Weaknesses:    haven't found one yet.

Bottom Line:
Mine is actually a 2010 model. I love this bike. Very solid and responsive. I don't have any complaints. It handles excellent. Nice stiff frame with a strong carbon fork. The group may not be top notch but for the price you get a good deal. Besides, you can upgrade from there.

Favorite Ride:   any bike ride

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   None, but I've a mnt cannondale, had a Leader Tri-bike, Centurion road, Cello (Colnago) road bike, Vilano (fixie)

Bike Setup:   Have not made any changes/upgrades to the stock components yet.

Submitted by jbrown3429 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2010

Strengths:    The 105 Group is probably the best part of this bike.

Weaknesses:    I don't like the seat post...it's set back a bit which has caused me some grief in trying to find a saddle.

Bottom Line:
This is my first road bike and so far, I really like it. I commute 24 miles round trip 4 days a week and this bike gets me there with a quickness >:-).

Favorite Ride:   Too New to Have An Opinion

Purchased At:   Heartland Cycle

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Colorado Yooper a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2009

Strengths:    Stiff, good midlevel components, durable.

Weaknesses:    the usual on entry level bikes; seat, seatpost, tires, wheel

Bottom Line:
This for a 2009 model.
OK, after the 150 miles this week in the cold and snow of Denver, I can say this bike is performing really well. Other than an out of the blue flat, I have had no problems with the bike.

I upgraded to an Ultegra chain and cassette (11-18)which made a world of difference on the climbs. My next item to switch out is the seatpost, seat and tires, which are just fine as is, but I want to make a toouring bke out of it for the summer so they have to go.

Favorite Ride:   Mt Lemmon

Purchased At:   Performance

Bike Setup:   105 shifter and FD, Ultegra RD, cassette, and chain. Kenda Kwick tires

Submitted by mattlreese a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2009

Strengths:    1. Solid component group with 105 shifters / cassette and ultegra rear derailleur
2. Wheels were very true
3. Low price
4. Free tune ups from Performance for life, this is actually a big deal. I know how to tune my own bikes but it is nice to have professionals do it from time to time.

Weaknesses:    Bottom Bracket - I can see people complaints as mine is starting to make noise at only 300 miles. This is not a fault of the bike however but the bottom bracket that works with the crank. The crank is very nice too which is a shame.

Bottom Line:
I am very impressed with the quality of this bike. The ride quality is very smooth, the bike feels strong (this is important to me since I am 6’4” 200 lbs) and at about 23 lbs it’s not the lightest bike ever but it is light enough. And performance gave me another 10% back which I used to buy better tires and a trip computer so the price can not be beat.

Overall this is a solid entry level bike, with mid level components. I would highly recomend it for anyone looking for an entry level bike that can compete with many mid level bikes which cost at least $500 more.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike