Fuji Bicycles Cross Pro Cyclocross Bike

4.6/5 (15 Reviews)

• Main frame: A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted and shaped
  • Fork: FC-770 Fuji Bonded Carbon Cross
  • Crankset: FSA Gossamer Cross MegaExo w/ Integrated spindle, 7075 CNC 38/48T Chainring
  • Chain: KMC DX10
  • Stem: Ritchey Logic Pro, +/-6 degree
  • Bottom bracket: FSA MegaExo Exterior Sealed Cartidge Bearing System

Submitted by Rick

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2016

Strengths:    Versatility, durability, components

Weaknesses:    Wheels, saddle

Bottom Line:
I have ridden this bike thousands of miles through all types of terrain. I did swap the wheels for Ultegra tubeless as well as the original crankset for 105. A bike of this level would easily cost 2500$ today. I bought this one in 2008. I have gone through many other bikes, but can't let go of this one.

Submitted by James

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2016

Strengths:    Ultegra group set. Bulletproof. Commuting with zip.

Weaknesses:    Not sure...still looking.

Bottom Line:

I love this bike. I use it everyday May-October (I just started riding it again which prompted me to write here) to commute to/from work a little over 6 miles each way. I average 16-20 mph depending on wind conditions. Last year I rode my first century ride on it, followed by 60 miles the next day....Dayton to Sandusky OH in 2 days. My body got tired, but my bike is a work-horse and didn't flinch. The bike shifts smooth as butter and absolutely flies. Did I mention I love this bike. Picked it up on craigslist several years back for 500. Best bike purchase ever. No regrets. Weighs under 20lbs easy if I strip all my lights, tools, and Topeak bag off.

Caveat: I put some Corsa Lite wheels, carbon post, and new saddle on my bike, otherwise it's stock. Mine is actually a 2006 model, which I think looks really sharp. Black, red, and chrome. Pick one up if you can still find it.

Submitted by Colorado Roadbiker a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2010

Strengths:    Decent overall weight 21.5 lbs, Accelerates and climbs like a rocket, Very stable on down grade runs, Stiff and stable on sprints, Handles road shock well, Great as a road bike or a cross bike, I sold my 2009 CAAD9 after getting my FUJI on the trails and roads, The CAAD9 did not compare.

Weaknesses:    Have not really found any weaknesses in my bike as I built it from frame up to my specs

Bottom Line:
I bought the Frame and Fork off Craigslist,
It came with only Ritchey Pro stem, Bar and seat post, all Ultegra components had been removed by seller to build a Carbon frame he had just bought. I ride mostly road racing so I built it for road, I also had a Cannondale CAAD9 that I sold shortly after getting my FUJI on the trails, I went with only a double ring crankset an EBC Halo Composite crank set with 50/34 Rings and a SRAM 9 speed Cassette with 12-23 gearing for the mountains, Shimano Tiagra top pull frt derailure, Shimano Ultegra rear derailure,
Having used Shimano Ultegra shifter/Brake levers on previous bikes and not being impressed I went with Forte dual function brake levers, prefering the dual shift levers plus a brake lever,instead of the single shift lever with a brake lever on Shimano, The FUJI cross pro is a killer bike in any configuration, It has no match as a road bike, it handles better and has better acceleration, climbs like a rocket. More impressive than the CAAD9.
I have put almost 3000 miles on bike in the year I've had it. I am completely happy with it.

Favorite Ride:   Any and all

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale CAAD9, Cannondale CAADX,

Bike Setup:   2009 FUJI Crosspro Built as a roadbike, Trashed Shimano Dual control levers in favor of Forte version, Mavic Aksium with Panasonic Panaracer road tires, Ritchie Pro Stem, Bars, Seat post, Forte Pro SL seat, Forte CR150 clipless pedals, double ring crankset an EBC Halo Composite crank set with 50/34 Rings, SRAM 9 speed Cassette with 12-23 gearing for the mountains, Shimano Tiagra top pull frt derailure, Shimano Ultegra rear derailure, TEKTRO cross brakeset, The Cross wheel set are Xero X-lite with Maxxis Knobbys,

Submitted by chitown388 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2010

Strengths:    Good price. Great ultegra components.

Weaknesses:    Low quality. Costly to own. Time consuming to maintain. Manufacturer not willing to back up their own product. Seller can't do much either.

Bottom Line:
I ditched my '07 Trek X01 for this '08 Fuji Cross Pro. Great ride - especially on crushed lime stone trails. Good looks. Butter smooth shifting. Much easier to handle than the Trek X01.

Well, until it started to break. Had to pay for a new bottom bracket after 400 miles and 8mos. Warranty on the bracket was only for 6mos. Both front and rear wheel hubs went bad after 900 miles and 24mos. Even the hours of use was not much, unfortunately the time was after This time it was after 12mos. Went to performance repair shop many times. The problem would only be fixed temporarity. Fuji won't do anything. Performance can't get Fuji to do anything. It looks like the cross bike is not good with lime stone trails. According to performance repair shop, the problem was because I garden hosed the bike. Who would of thought washing a bike would break it! Either that or the bike is junk.

No more Fuji bike more me! Looks like there is really a reason why Trek is more well known.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   '07 Trek 01

Submitted by jgrosko a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2010

Strengths:    Very Responsive, light weight 22lbs, best bang for your buck. I have had this bike on and off road, and it does outstanding.

Weaknesses:    Seat, other than that...none

Bottom Line:
It is actually a 2009 but I could not select that year. Great Bike to say the least. I have done a ton of shopping and demo i.e. Kona Jake, Redline, Trek, Specialized, and Scott. All in a Cyclocross. This bike by far is the best bang fro your buck. Full Ultegra all around, carbon fork, ritchie stem and bars. WOW! This thing screams down the road and on Crushed Limestone. Seat is a little hard but that is a easy fix. This ais a definate buy. Before buying online, go sit on one to make sure it fits. I am 6-1" and I fit a 58cm.

Favorite Ride:   Erie Canal Towpath