Fuji Bicycles Cross Pro Cyclocross Bike

4.54/5 (13 Reviews)

• Main frame: A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted and shaped
  • Fork: FC-770 Fuji Bonded Carbon Cross
  • Crankset: FSA Gossamer Cross MegaExo w/ Integrated spindle, 7075 CNC 38/48T Chainring
  • Chain: KMC DX10
  • Stem: Ritchey Logic Pro, +/-6 degree
  • Bottom bracket: FSA MegaExo Exterior Sealed Cartidge Bearing System

Submitted by Colorado Roadbiker a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2010

Strengths:    Decent overall weight 21.5 lbs, Accelerates and climbs like a rocket, Very stable on down grade runs, Stiff and stable on sprints, Handles road shock well, Great as a road bike or a cross bike, I sold my 2009 CAAD9 after getting my FUJI on the trails and roads, The CAAD9 did not compare.

Weaknesses:    Have not really found any weaknesses in my bike as I built it from frame up to my specs

Bottom Line:
I bought the Frame and Fork off Craigslist,
It came with only Ritchey Pro stem, Bar and seat post, all Ultegra components had been removed by seller to build a Carbon frame he had just bought. I ride mostly road racing so I built it for road, I also had a Cannondale CAAD9 that I sold shortly after getting my FUJI on the trails, I went with only a double ring crankset an EBC Halo Composite crank set with 50/34 Rings and a SRAM 9 speed Cassette with 12-23 gearing for the mountains, Shimano Tiagra top pull frt derailure, Shimano Ultegra rear derailure,
Having used Shimano Ultegra shifter/Brake levers on previous bikes and not being impressed I went with Forte dual function brake levers, prefering the dual shift levers plus a brake lever,instead of the single shift lever with a brake lever on Shimano, The FUJI cross pro is a killer bike in any configuration, It has no match as a road bike, it handles better and has better acceleration, climbs like a rocket. More impressive than the CAAD9.
I have put almost 3000 miles on bike in the year I've had it. I am completely happy with it.

Favorite Ride:   Any and all

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale CAAD9, Cannondale CAADX,

Bike Setup:   2009 FUJI Crosspro Built as a roadbike, Trashed Shimano Dual control levers in favor of Forte version, Mavic Aksium with Panasonic Panaracer road tires, Ritchie Pro Stem, Bars, Seat post, Forte Pro SL seat, Forte CR150 clipless pedals, double ring crankset an EBC Halo Composite crank set with 50/34 Rings, SRAM 9 speed Cassette with 12-23 gearing for the mountains, Shimano Tiagra top pull frt derailure, Shimano Ultegra rear derailure, TEKTRO cross brakeset, The Cross wheel set are Xero X-lite with Maxxis Knobbys,

Submitted by chitown388 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2010

Strengths:    Good price. Great ultegra components.

Weaknesses:    Low quality. Costly to own. Time consuming to maintain. Manufacturer not willing to back up their own product. Seller can't do much either.

Bottom Line:
I ditched my '07 Trek X01 for this '08 Fuji Cross Pro. Great ride - especially on crushed lime stone trails. Good looks. Butter smooth shifting. Much easier to handle than the Trek X01.

Well, until it started to break. Had to pay for a new bottom bracket after 400 miles and 8mos. Warranty on the bracket was only for 6mos. Both front and rear wheel hubs went bad after 900 miles and 24mos. Even the hours of use was not much, unfortunately the time was after This time it was after 12mos. Went to performance repair shop many times. The problem would only be fixed temporarity. Fuji won't do anything. Performance can't get Fuji to do anything. It looks like the cross bike is not good with lime stone trails. According to performance repair shop, the problem was because I garden hosed the bike. Who would of thought washing a bike would break it! Either that or the bike is junk.

No more Fuji bike more me! Looks like there is really a reason why Trek is more well known.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   '07 Trek 01

Submitted by jgrosko a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2010

Strengths:    Very Responsive, light weight 22lbs, best bang for your buck. I have had this bike on and off road, and it does outstanding.

Weaknesses:    Seat, other than that...none

Bottom Line:
It is actually a 2009 but I could not select that year. Great Bike to say the least. I have done a ton of shopping and demo i.e. Kona Jake, Redline, Trek, Specialized, and Scott. All in a Cyclocross. This bike by far is the best bang fro your buck. Full Ultegra all around, carbon fork, ritchie stem and bars. WOW! This thing screams down the road and on Crushed Limestone. Seat is a little hard but that is a easy fix. This ais a definate buy. Before buying online, go sit on one to make sure it fits. I am 6-1" and I fit a 58cm.

Favorite Ride:   Erie Canal Towpath

Similar Products Used:   Kona Jake, Specialized Allez Elite

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Latitude34 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2010

Strengths:    Super lightweight, smooth yet stable ride, better than decent components, extremely durable, nice graphics, the bike just rules!

Weaknesses:    Fuji OEM saddle

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best ride I've ever had, and I've owned several expensive bikes over the years from manufacturers such as Schwinn, Race Inc., Specialized, and Cannondale. I normally prefer American made bikes, but after briefly test riding the Cross Pro, I was sold. I'd call the Fuji Cross Pro “the Lexus of the bike world”. The overall ride on paved road is like floating on a cloud, once you change out the stock Fuji saddle. The bike also handles beautifully on dirt, or rock roads, or any surface for that matter thanks to the somewhat knobby tires. You definitely have a feeling of stability on even the most bumpy surfaces. The Cross Pro’s weight is phenomenal at a little over 21 pounds. If you needed to carry this bike over a long distance for any reason, it’s no problem, just throw it over your shoulder! The cost is very reasonable considering the bike’s weight, and the components were obviously expertly chosen for this rocket of a bike. I $hit canned my Cannondale MTB after I brought home the Fuji!

Favorite Ride:   2008 Fuji Cross PRO

Purchased At:   Performance Bikes

Similar Products Used:   None, this is my first crossover. Sold my Cannondale MTB after I bought the Fuji.

Bike Setup:   Specialized Lo Pro Mag 2 Platform Pedals, Terry Butterfly Ti Saddle, Cateye Strada Wireless Cycle Computer, Cateye LED Lighting.

Submitted by Fitzy G a Commuter

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2009

Strengths:    Ultegra components at this price point; the frame geometry for my size; Tires

Weaknesses:    The seat (but that's a given); bar tape (the first thing I changed when I got home);

Bottom Line:
I've never been driven to write a review for anything before but when you're in love, you want to tell the whole world. My bike is actually an 09 and I think I might've found the perfect bike. I'm not a XC racer nor do I intend to be one, but for the daily commuter or if you intend to ride long distances or all day, you need to check this out. On my Felt F75 road bike, I really had to watch out for driving over stuff but once I got my cockpit right and got over the fear of riding over potholes, manholes and everyday street flotsam and jetsam, you feel like you can ride all day. You could do worse than the stock tires and the Ultegra components makes this bike humm and easy to ride. I'm 5'7" and about 160 lbs and the 49mm frame couldn't fit me any better. I threw on a Brooks B17 and even though it weighs a bit more, the fact that I'm going to lose weight becuase I WANT to ride everyday more than makes up for the added weight. After I put on my FSA Compact Omega, you won't find me at home anymore. I looked for over 2 months for a XC bike and didn't intend to spend this much but I'm glad I waited. It's even light enough to pull your front wheel up over holes and save you a flat. I've ridden three days in a row at about 40-45 miles round trip and I still want more.

Favorite Ride:   The Next One

Purchased At:   Performance Bikes

Similar Products Used:   first XC bike but I'm putting my other 3 bikes in storage since I got the Fuji

Bike Setup:   Brooks B17 saddle; Shimano 520 SPD pedals, Fizik bartape, DiNotte lights

Fantom Cross Pro Titanium (my first roadbike)

Bike: Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro Titanium (SRAM Rival Equipped) Price: Internet price on Bikesdirect Weight: Unknown, but it doesn't feel under 20# Changes: Hayes CX5 Disks 160f/140r, ISM Adamo Century, Vittoria Rondo Hyper 32c folding Build quality: As good as I've seen on a welded frame. Clea ... Read More »

Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro geometry

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a Fantom Cross Pro from Bikes Direct, though the idea of buying without riding seems a bit crazy. Great specs for the $ and has good reviews online. Several people here and elsewhere have said that these B-D Motobecanes are basically rebranded Fujis. So I fig ... Read More »

Motobecane Fantom Cross PRO

Hi everybody, this is my first post here. I am thinking of ordering a Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro Titanium from Bikes Direct. Being a Titanium frame with SRAM Rival components, it seems like an amazing bike for $1700.00, but I am a bit uncertain about ordering a bike online. I am replacing a Jamis N ... Read More »

Who owns and has measured up a 58cm Motobecane Fantom Cross PRO Titanium Cyclocross

Funny, no one posts their sizes with these photos. Who here has a Motobecane Fantom Cross PRO Titanium Cyclocross Bike? Can anyone post a photo of a tape measure running from centre bottom bracket to top of seat tube for me? As well the top tube length C2C? I see all types of sizes in the Ti C ... Read More »

Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro Cyclocross w/Rival

Just saw this on BD... only $999... Is this a good deal? For what I know just the Rival group set costs more than this... And it came with a carbon fork! And a not too shabby Mavic Aksium Race wheel set [IMG]http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/images/fantomcross_pro_rival_white_600.j ... Read More »