Giant TCX 1 Cyclocross Bike

HOW TO PURCHASE A GIANT BICYCLE Giant Bicycles are only sold our Corona,CA retail store (2410 Wardlow Road, Suite 109, Corona, CA, 92880). This item cannot be purchased online or at our Riverside, CA location. If you are interested in a ...

Submitted by alegerlotz a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2013

Strengths:    Handles like a road bike, looks good, light and easy to ride

Weaknesses:    No tabs for attaching a rack on the back. Not too crazy about the 2nd set of brake levers (i'll probably remove them and re- cable the bike when I need to change my handlebar tape).

Bottom Line:
I bought my 2012 TCX 1 yesterday morning, went directly to a rail trail and rode 52 miles on it through pavement, deep leaves, gravel, sand, and mud. It didn't feel that different from my 2011 Trek Madone 3.1C that I've put 2K miles on this year, except that the TCX 1 can eat up the trail and I don't mind getting it dirty. I'm impressed with how well this bike rides.

Similar Products Used:   I test road the Giant TCX 2 and a Redline Conquest. The TCX 1 handled best and had better components.

Submitted by Matt a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2008

Strengths:    Fast acceleration on flats or uphills due to the very light frame and compact design. Price can't be beat for the quality of Gian'ts new cyclocross. The quality of the ride is excellend, solid, agile and it can really go fast. Fully customizable to suit your needs.

Weaknesses:    Nothing major. Maybe some road tires on it would suit it for more speed if needed or if all your biking is on the road, but I like the mud2's it comes with as I go offroad too.

Bottom Line:
I picked up this 2008 TCX1 and have been addicted to it the moment I got on it. I ride 20-30 km every other day and can't wait to get out again after I finish. It is super light, very compact, very comfortable, high quality ride with great breaks and shifters. This bike fits me perfectly and I love it.

Favorite Ride:   TCX1