Lynskey Performance Designs Cooper CX Cyclocross Bike

4.97/5 (30 Reviews)

The Cooper CX was designed for the rider looking for a multi-use frame that can handle cyclocross racing and pull double duty as a solid commuter. Introduced as a disc specific model in 2011, this is the perfect do it all winter bike. The 3AL/2.5V titanium tubeset has a large diameter bi-axially ovalized downtube and top tube cable routing to keep mud out of the drivetrain. The rear end retains rack and fender mounts and S-bend seat and chainstays that give clearance for 700x38c tires. With six sizes to choose from, there is a Cooper CX for nearly everyone.

For the long gravel grinders, the daily commute or the weekend cross series, the Cooper CX will soon be the weapon of choice that you keep going to more times than not. Built with adventure in mind, let the Cooper CX take you some place off the beaten path and back again.

Submitted by Philippe

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2015

Strengths:    Beautifull ride, comfortable, can do everything bike

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I bought a frameset at Chainreaction and assembled the bike myself : Utlegra 6703 groupset, hydraulic brakes from Trickstuff, Fulcrum Red Passion wheelset, Hutchinson Sector Tubeless tires. So far, the best bike I had : goes fast up- and downhill on and off the road, perfect transfer of power, comfortable, sporty .... I planned to use it as my commuter bike but it ended up being my commuter, travel, cyclocross and race bike - all in one.

Favorite Ride:   when it goes uphill

Purchased At:   Chainreaction

Similar Products Used:   Litespeed Ultimate

Bike Setup:   Ultegra 6703, Specialites TA crankset, Trickstuff's Doppelmoppel hydraulic converter, Trickstuff's Cleg brake calipers and discs, Fulcrum Red Passion wheelset, Richtey fork, stem and Handelbar, PMP seatpost

Submitted by Daniel a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2015

Strengths:    Comfortable ride, excellent build quality and beautiful

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I bought a Cooper CMT, which is essentially a commuter build of the CX, with an Ultegra groupset and disk brakes. I ride it around NY City but will also take it into the mountains on dirt roads and more forgiving trails. I wanted a comfortable ride, good on bumpy roads for commuting but also nice for weekend rides in the mountains. I also wanted something light since I'm carrying it in and out of a storage room and on the subway with my kids and their bikes. I absolutely love it so far--noticeably more comfortable than my prior aluminum frame on uneven pavement and really responsive. For riding in the city I like that the look is more low-key, but still beautiful.

Before buying I had a few questions and Michael Ledford and others at Lynskey were very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I ordered the bike from Lynskey and it shipped next day, and arrived a few days after that. The bike was very nicely packed and riding beautifully the following day without any meaningful adjustments.

Favorite Ride:   VT or Manhattan/Queens/Triboro Bridge

Purchased At:   Lynskey

Similar Products Used:   Diamondback

Bike Setup:   Ultegra groupset
Mechanical disk brakes

Submitted by N. Estrada

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2015

Strengths:    All-around tank. Small roots, wrist-size roots, ruts, snow, muds, gravel, sand, blacktop, it goes anywhere you point the handlebar.
As long as you keep the rubbers down on the ground, it's indestructable.
I have mine for 3 years now. 2 Almanzos, 2 Barry-Roubaix, 2 Gravel Grovels, 1 Horribly Hilly Hundred, 1 Gravel Metric, occasional Palos trails, even a couple Ragbrai's, and tens of loong and short, easy and brutal rides and the bike still looks handsome.

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
Easy to clean. dish soap and water, dry with cloth, and a light coat of WD40, fresh again.

Submitted by Giles a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2015

Strengths:    Quality of build
Riding experience

Bottom Line:
Ordered the bike online from Lynskey so not really expecting a super fast delivery time from reading all the previous reviews but the bike was shipped in four weeks and I recieved it in five weeks. Not bad considering I am in Australia. Only been riding the bike for about a month so cannot really comment on the durability yet (but then who can). Well built. Everything just works. SRAM groupset integrated well. Nice smooth ride (28cc tires). Only problem is I want another as my commuting bike.

Favorite Ride:   Royal national park Sydney

Grail comp wheel set
SRAM force

Submitted by Joe Haskell a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2014

Strengths:    I recieved my 2014 Cooper CX in early November. I love this bike. It has a smooth ride, the componentry is of good quality and appears to be pretty bomb proof so far. In short I really like the bike and have been riding the crap out of it since it showed up at my door. I also have nothing but good things to say about the the folks at Lynskey, They've made sure the sizing was correct and pointed me in the right direction as far putting me on the Cooper CX. When the Bike was delivered it was well put together and the packaging was excellent, putting the bike the rest of the way together was also a snap. I like the bike and the experience with the folks at Lynskey enough to buy a 2015 Comutesky for my wife and I think that says a lot about the product and the folks that sell it.

Weaknesses:    It looks like I have the same gripe that everyone else does and that is on the estimation of delivery and shipping date. I like everyone else wants to know approximately when the bike is going to show up.

Bottom Line:
The bike is awesome, the folks at Lynskey are knowledgeable and personable. Yes they are awesome too. Yeah, I had to wait for my bike, but it was worth the wait. Only glitch is that I wasn't told I had to wait for the bike.

Purchased At:   Lynskey Website.

Bike Setup:   2014 Cooper CX with Ultegra Stan's Iron Cross wheels and Avid Disk Breaks

Check out hottest cycling products from these brands!