Redline Conquest Pro Cyclocross Bike

Front Der: Shimano 105, braze-on
Crankset: FSA Gossamer, 38/46 teeth
Rear Der: Shimano 105 SS
Pedals: Crank Brothers Eggbeater
Tires: Front: 700 x 30c Michelin Cyclocross Mud, Rear: 700 x 30c Michelin Cyclocross Jet

Submitted by Ryan Berg a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2011

Strengths:    Fun to ride on or off road
Sram Rival components
Avid Shorty 6 brakes
Hutchinson Bulldog tires
Carbon fiber fork

Weaknesses:    Disc break tab on rear but not on the front

Bottom Line:
Its a 2010
Good bike for the price
I like the frame colors(red,white,and blue)

Favorite Ride:   all

Purchased At:   Edina Bike

Bike Setup:   Changed to a 12-27 cassette an a 50-36 chainring the rest is all stock

Submitted by SlowJoeCrow a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2010

Strengths:    Stable handling, good ride (softer than the Fuji I rented) good mud & fender clearance, excellent shifting, comfortable handlebars

Weaknesses:    no fender eyelets on fork (fixed in 2010, so so brakes (also better in 2010), front brake cable routing is tight and would be better if they had kept the fork mounted cable stop. FSA Gossamer crankset that has issues with bolts loosening and creaking. Some rack braze-ons would be nice but it's supposed to be racer and not a commuter so I can't complain.

Bottom Line:
Since nobody has posted a recent review I thought I would put in my 2 cents on the 2009 model since Redline switched to SRAM shifting and tubeless tires. I'm newish to road biking and impulsively decided to buy this bike after trying cyclocroos on a rental bike. I'm lousy right now but hoping to get better so my opinion is more on general use than racing. Since the Conquest Pro is one of the more common bikes at Cross Crusade races I guess it's good for the job, certainly Redline designed in lots of mud clearance and the Hutchinson tubeless tires are in line with current trends. I think the SRAM Rival setup is also better than Shimano since the shifter is separate from the brake lever and it handles a larger gear range. I run an 11-28 cassette on the road for better climbing and a little extra speed downhill.
List on these is around $1800 and the new models are a little glitzier with Blue and White paint and gloss White components. Shimano equipped bikes like Kona and Fuji are a bit cheaper but the Rival shifting and tubeless tires make it worth the extra.

Favorite Ride:   The Monster Cookie

Purchased At:   Waterfront Bikes Por

Similar Products Used:   Fuji Cross Pro (2006ish)

Bike Setup:   For actual racing, stock except for Avid replaceable cartridge pads that upgrade the brakes to Shorty 6 spec, I may also try tubeless this year. On the road, 11-28 cassette, Planet Bike strap on fenders, Easton EA50 wheels with Hutchinson Fusion2 700x23 tires. I plan to get some wider tires at some point since I'm big and 25C or 28C would give a better ride. I also have two bottle cages, a pump and seat pack for road use and occasionally add a Light & Motion Stella 200L headlight the just fits between the crosstop lever and stem

Submitted by mcvitie70 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2005

Strengths:    Tough, relatively light. For a full alum frame, it rides very well.

Weaknesses:    None other than the Avid brakes

Bottom Line:
I wanted a stronger bike for commuting so started looking around then found the Conquest Pro in an LBS. Had so many parts lying around I did not want a complete bike so Bob got me a screaming deal. Took the bike minus the wheelset, tires, bar top brake levers, cassette and saddle. Added my own parts and totally love the bike - also swapped out the 46T chainring for a more road-practical 50T. Have done 1500 miles this past year on it including an occasional 16 mile each way commute on a mix of surfaces including some dirt - now gas is going up, I will endeavor to ride in more often. Its also my indoor trainer bike as I don't want to beat on my race bike. It rides very well - 60+ mile rides are no problem. Removed the bar top brake levers to give me room for lights etc, plus I don't feel I would use them. The Avid Shorty 4 cantis are not up to much, but are not bad enough to consider changing yet. Maybe I will race cross on it in the future, but its nice to have a rugged road bike for now. Highly recommended.

Favorite Ride:   Mt. Agamenticus Loop

Purchased At:   Bicycle Bobs, Portsm

Similar Products Used:   EPX 303 carbon road bike - this is my race steed, but not suitable for commuting. Also have mtn bikes, but that's another website!

Bike Setup:   Ultegra shifters, 105 front and rear ders, ultegra cassette, FSA Gossamer compact with 50T big ring, stock brakes, Ksyrium Equipe wheelset, Conti 28c slicks, San Marco Arami Gelaround saddle.

Submitted by sjonesextreme a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2005

Strengths:    Excelent geometry (Order one-two cm smaller than your road bike)
Ritchey Road Pro Components
Velomax Wheelset is Disc Brake Ready
Shimano Drivetrain (no Campy snobs here)
Super Value for the Money

Weaknesses:    Hard to find - I had to call 15 bike shops around the US and only one (Thank you Andy) was able to find a 54 at the Redline warehouse. The '06 models will ship in July '05. Good luck finding an '05 edition.
Avid Shorty 4 brakes (not bad for the money though) They work well but I may upgrade to mechanical discs later this year.

Bottom Line:
I'm a roadie by nature and this is my first cyclocross bike. Honestly, I'm amazed that this bike can and will do anything you ask of it. Smooth over the road (I upgraded tires to Ritchey WCS 32s, and saddle to Fizik Arione) also very capable on the trails or in the mud...which is what this bike is designed for. I no longer race so I can't speak of this bike in those terms, but if you want a go anywhere do anything bike...This is it! I plan on riding across NYS from Buffalo to Albany this summer along the Erie Canal tow path which is not suitable for a pure road bike. Needless to say with this bike I'm ready. The Conquest Pro is built to take some serious beating.

Favorite Ride:   Local Road Loop - 30 miles

Purchased At:   Yellow Jersey, Madis

Similar Products Used:   Only many mountain bikes and high-end road bikes. This is my first crosser.

Bike Setup:   2005 Redline Pro 54cm
Velomax Sagitta Wheelset (disc ready)
Ritchey Road Pro Seatpost, stem (115) and bars (44)
Ultegra STI levers, 105 Fr & Rr Deraileurs
FSA Gossamer Cranks (175), Ritchey Pro V3 Pedals
Fizik Arione Saddle (Red Stripe)
Ascent Delta V wireless computer
Ritchey Speedmax Cross WCS tires
May upgrade to Discs and Carbon Fork.

Submitted by hairscrambled a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2004

Strengths:    Lots of fun. It's like getting a brand new beater bike that you can ride the (%&^ of. No snooty trick stuff. Just good old bike riding.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
What a great bike! This is a great bike for riding by yourself. Just taking off with no idea where you'll end up. It comes with a great component mix and handles very well. It's even fast!

Favorite Ride:   Something new

Purchased At:   Bicycle Doctor

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   '05 Redline Conquest Pro - Empella Frog Leg brakes.

Redline Conquest Pro?

The LBS has these for $1,399, 2011 model. I would probably never race it (cyclocross anyway), but use it for fire roads and inclement weather riding. I might snag an additional 10% off also. Is this a good bike in that price range? I would probably swap the crank set out and change the pedals and th ... Read More »

Specy Crux, Redline Conquest Pro or Ridley Xbow

I'm looking for my first cross frame and I'm looking at these three framesets. Pricewise they are all about the same. Crux is $600 from my LBS, Redline Pro is $549 from plus shipping and the Ridley is $625 plus shipping. I kinda like the fact that the redline is BB30, I like the the Ridley is a b ... Read More »

Redline Conquest Pro SS

I want this: [img]http://www.redlinebicycles.com/uploaded/dynamic/1071/Frame_ConquestProSS-thumb_800.jpg[/img] Might go check on the price this week... Don't need it at all, but dang, I love the old school paint job.Read More »

Redline Conquest Pro Fork Recommendation

Hello All, I am currently racing on a 2008 Redline Conquest Pro and had a Ritchey WCS fork on it. I crashed hard today on a wooded rutted section and broke the left leg of my fork. I am now looking into a replacement fork and looking for suggestions. I am planning to to check with Ritchey and ... Read More »

Conquest Pro Vs. Conquest Team

Hello everyone, I am currently running a 2008 Conquest Pro and a Ritchey WCS fork. I have the opportunity to jump to a Conquest Team with a Easton E90cx for $300-$350. Is it worth the $$? I would need to sell off my current F&F to get the deal for that $$. What say you? What can I expect as ... Read More »