Dahon Hammerhead Folding Bike

• Saddle: Kore XCF, forged 6061 T-Beam
  • Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 7, leverage adjust

Submitted by njw a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2011

Strengths:    Speed, comfort, weight 8.5kg, Gear changes fast and as smooth as butter. Responsive. Great fun to ride. Piceless look on peoples faces as you fly past them on your clown bike. Looks.....

Weaknesses:    Not so good on rough ground. Swawble Kojack tyres lack grip in wet conditions. Still not fully confident on bikes handling. Not the smallest or quickest fold.

Bottom Line:
Project. Find one bike that would fill all my needs at a reasonable price.
Needs. Nip to the shops. Cycle with my children (5+6 yr old). Cycle with friends on road bikes (60km+) Able to keep in the trunk of the car. Fun to ride.
At first glance it seemed I would need two or even three bikes two satisfy all my needs then I chanced upon the Hammerhead at MLBS. The only problem was the price $$2700! I spent the next 6 months searching the net trying to source for a better price only to find retailers were tightly controlled and unwilling to ship to Singapore. The bike had already stopped production and was getting hard to find. Then spotted Amazon were advertising them at $1200 and would ship to SG. A few days later it arrived. This bike has exceeded my expectations. It covers all my bases, sure I could find faster bikes, Smaller folds but I doubt I could find a better all round bike (may be BF Tikit would come close) I still find it hard to believe the speed of this bike. Its also one of the most comfortable, due to the adjustments on the saddle and the handle bars. all in all great fun.

Favorite Ride:   Dahon Hammerhead

Purchased At:   Amazon

Bike Setup:   Stock.

Check out hottest cycling products from these brands!