Trek F600 Folding Bike

Frame Material: 6061 T6 aluminum
Frame Angles: 73.0 head, 74.0 seat
Sizes: one size fits all
Colors: Black
Pedals: resin folding
Tires: 20 x 1.50" Schwalbe Marathon

Submitted by steve a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2007

Strengths:    well built,very fast,comes in 2 sizes 52cm and 56cm.

Weaknesses:    none as yet

Bottom Line:
very fast 24inch wheel folding bike,compares easily with high end light weight road bike and folds!

Favorite Ride:   airnimal chameleon

Purchased At:   airnimal.co.uk

Similar Products Used:   airnimal joey

Bike Setup:   7005 airnimal frame,shimano 105 9speed.

Submitted by raymondwong007 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2006

Strengths:    Light weight, racy looking wheels/rims, 9 speeds, not just 8 or 7 speeds. Very easy to fold. It takes me about 20 seconds.

Weaknesses:    Still need more suspension for a smoother ride. Yet, it is pretty good already.

Bottom Line:
The bike is light, I have weighted it and it is close to 22lbs with everything including foldable pedals, seats and handbars.

The gear shifting is quick smooth, however at 9th speed, the chain has a tendency to rub the protective rubber a little bit when downshifting. Upshifting is very smooth though.

The ride is smooth, brake is superb! I have been receiving a lot of compliments with the bike. Many people ask me where can they get one.

I also own a 16" Giatex bike as well. That one is for me to ride in Bay Area Transit, this Trek F600 is for me to commute longer distance without riding on any public transit.

After riding it for a day of approximately 5-6 hours, I don't feel any discomfort. The saddle is supportive and has nice cushioning.

However, I would still suggest Trek to add internal hub suspension for its front wheel since that should greatly absorbe more uneven surface and make the ride even better. Yet, it is already smooth enough for me to give it a "recommended" status.

For $949.99 and tax, I think that it compares well enough with Dahon's MU SL.

Favorite Ride:   F600

Purchased At:   Santa Cruz Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Test driven a MU SL and MU XL.

Bike Setup:   Nice, things have quality feel to them.

Making your own Bad Boy from an F600

I'm thinking about making my own badboy from a F600 MTB. Some questions I have: Do I just need to get a set of road disc wheels that are 135mm spaced? Do the rotor size have to be the same as the one on the MTB? Does it matter that the C-dale rotors are 4 bolt pattern and most rotors are 6 bo ... Read More »