Cannondale Adventure 400 Hybrid Bike

4.17/5 (6 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.0 head, 75.0 seat
Sizes: large, medium, small, xlarge
Colors: Black, Silver
Pedals: Wellgo resin
Tires: 700 x 38c IRC Advantage Pro

Submitted by Mona WExler

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2013

Strengths:    Easy shifting and very comfortable for road and pavement riding.

Weaknesses:    Heavy

Bottom Line:
I am 66 years old female and have returned to cycling after a quadruple heart operation. I upgraded from a lower model in order to increase the wheel size and reduce the tire weight. I benefited greatly from the upgrade. I enjoy road riding and I find that the Adventure 400 give me a smooth and enjoyable ride. The gears shift easily and allows me to meet the challenges of moderate hills/ I enjoy smooth riding on NYC and country pavements. However, if I ever upgrade again, I will choose a lighter bike.

Submitted by Bob Richards a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2009

Strengths:    Strongly built, reasonable weight and good gearing for any type of riding.

Weaknesses:    I can't think of any weaknesses

Bottom Line:
No fancy frills but a superbly reliable bike for any distance riding. I have done an "End to End" in UK of over 1,200 miles on my 400 plus all the training also two other long distance rides and countless miles locally on roads and cycle ways, not all of which have a good surface and never a moment's trouble. Would gladly recommend this bike to anyone wanting a good all rounder.

Favorite Ride:   John O Groats to Land's End

Purchased At:   Ricci's, Redruth, Co

Submitted by Rbarthel a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2006

Strengths:    If you take care of this bike and don't ride too often or in bad weather, it could easily last twenty years. It's also fast and great fopr cruising on flat surfaces.

Weaknesses:    It's heavy and for all of its parts, including the shocks on the seats, not the most efficient bike. The ride is also a bit too "upright" for me.

Bottom Line:
This is a very nice bike for anyone at all, but should be ridden according to its purpose. I take it around mostly on the flat roads and parks in New York City, for which it is perfect. When I have taken it on hilly trails or roads, it starts to feel heavy.

Favorite Ride:   Cannondale

Purchased At:   Used

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher Mamba Mountain Bike.

Submitted by 1leftygolfer a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2005

Strengths:    Comfortable ride. Very easy shifting, and simple to operate.

Weaknesses:    Heavy, but primarily true of all hybrids.

Bottom Line:
Great ride. Purchased for my wife to get her going into cycling. I've put on about 35 miles prior to my road bike purchased. Very comfortable, but heavy. Don't plan on grinding uphill with any speed. This bike's best attribute is cruising over flatlands.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere