Cannondale Road Warrior 500 Hybrid Bike

• Pedals: Wellgo alloy cage w/clip and strap

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by CHARLIE BUTCHER a Commuter

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2008

Strengths:    The bike performed very nicely, the gearing is smooth and it climbs well. much faster than the comfort 400. With the flat bar on the front this pudgy older guy can ride comfortably without bending all the way over.

Weaknesses:    needs dog guards !

Bottom Line:
    I recieved my new road warrior in the middle of December, after riding my comfort 400 to work all summer. The last couple of weeks I spent getting ready for a metric century ride on New Years Day. I had put about 250 miles on the rosd warrior when the day before the ride a big dog ran into my front wheel and knocked me down like a bowling pin ! Upon getting up and shaking off my brused elbo, hip and shoulder I saw that the front wheel was warped. Of course being a holiday weekend, no bike shops were open. I ended up backing off the front brake and riding the whole 62 miles with a wobbling front wheel.

Favorite Ride:   daily to work

Bike Setup:   I did change the seat off my comfot bike !

Submitted by avm247 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2006

Strengths:    The "Made in USA" was a big selling point for me. The components are not high end but a good mid-line set up with SRAM and Shimano parts. The shifters work very well as do the Cannondale Delta brakes. The suspension seat post and CF front form help take the bite out of bumps.

Weaknesses:    I did not like the standard Wellgo cage and strap. I swapped them out for Shimano PD-M324 pedals for the time being. Having a flat bar set up limits the hand positions.

Bottom Line:
    I actually have a 2006 model but that was not an option.

Great bike for the money. The RW 500 is labeled by Cannondale as a "Fitness" bike and that is primarily how I intend to ride it. This is my first bike in over 15 years; drop bars just aren't comfortable for me yet, though I hope to move into a true road bike soon. I bought this bike as a way to get more exercise and I find that 10 mile rides are very easy on this bike.

Favorite Ride:   any ride

Purchased At:   Mike's Bikes, Sacram

Similar Products Used:   None used but I test rode the Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus Comp and Sirrus Sport. When it came down to buying, I debated between the Sirrus Comp and RW 500. In the end, the RW 500 won . Both are very similiar in terms of ride, handling, component selection and performance.

Bike Setup:   Basically stock, though I did swap out the stock tires for Specialized Armadillos. I also added a basic computer (Specialized Speedzone Comp), bar ends, front and rear lights, (2) water bottle cages, Shimano PD-M324 pedals.