Devinci Oslo Hybrid Bike

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: large, medium, small, womens medium, womens small, xsmall
Colors: Unspecified
Pedals: Wellgo aluminum
Tires: 700 x 32c Michelin Transworld

Submitted by Tornado99 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2010

Strengths:    19 lb weight. Wonderful looks. People commenting on it as a beauty. Ride quality. Great discount on the '09 model.

Weaknesses:    Should have come with hyd.discs stock...but the upgrade is a nice dealer option.

Bottom Line:
Have been riding my 25+ year old Schwinn CrossCut as a daily commuter for the past 3 months (14 km per way). Starting looking for an upgrade almost immediately. Thought the Dahon IOS XL looked promising but ending delays at the shops and the 33lbs curb weight were too much to bear. Went to Caps in Sapperton, BC to check out the Trek Soho belt drive commuter. Rode OK, didn't like the rear drum braking and $1400 price. Had read up on the Helsinki Devinci All carbon Hybrid...and was very surprised when the saleman said they had one in stock in large. It was a dream to ride...19 lbs! Very stable feel compared to the twitchy Soho. Drop dead gorgeous to look at. It was last year's model (2009) and salesman stated the lowest he could go was $600 off list price. So for $1700 I went home a very happy man. A bike of this caliber deserves hydraulic discs...frame, fork and hubs are disc ready...going in for an upgrade next week.

It has performed wonderfully for 3 weeks now doing nearly 28 km per day, wet & dry. I can't take my eyes off it...kept it in the living room next to the TV.

Favorite Ride:   Devinci Helsinki

Purchased At:   Caps BS in Sapperton

Submitted by John Overing a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2008

Strengths:    Light. Good seating position.

Weaknesses:    After sales service.

Bottom Line:
My bike is actually a 2008, which I have ridden a total of 800 km in 5 weeks. The bike is comfortable and a lot lighter than my previous ride, a Gary Fisher. As far as the quality goes, I have no real complaints, but I do with the after sales service.

On Friday I noticed that the rear wheel was bent after my ride in to work. When I called Le Yeti, they indicated that due to the time of year, it would take a week+ just to get an appointment?!?!?!

Upon further inspection after removing the wheel, I found that in fact, the wheel had cracked at one of the spokes, and would need to be replaced, not repaired.

I asked about purchasing a second wheel, which I had considered doing anyway because my weekend ride is on unpaved roads, while my weekly commute is on paved bike paths. The idea was to get wider tires for my weekend rides, and a second set of wheels would make it easier to do the changeover.

Well guess what? I spoke with 2 Devinci dealers, neither of which stocked the Maddux wheels that came with the bike as original equipment. In both cases, I was told that I would have to leave the wheel with them, and that it would be several days before I would hear whether the wheel was covered under warranty. The end result is that I will probably miss a week of riding. Pretty poor for a company who's slogan is "Frame your passion."

Favorite Ride:   Devinci Oslo

Purchased At:   Le Yeti

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher Tiburon.

Bike Setup:   Hybrid

Submitted by Dan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2007

Strengths:    Made in Canada. Light. Very good quality. Very nice ride.

Weaknesses:    None until now.

Bottom Line:
I got this bike in May of 2006. I was looking for a good quality hybrid which was not made in China (not an easy task). The reason for my special request was a Trek 7.3Fx bought in April, and which had a fork defect that almost killed me in an accident. (Trek accepted to take it back).
So I rode this bike for 1100 Km during this summer. First, it is made in Quebec, Canada and you get a QC document with the names of the people that worked on it. They adjusted it for me in the store and I didn't need another tuning until now. It is light and a pleasure to ride. Feels solid, it is fast and easy to control. I am enjoying each ride as the first time. Very happy with this choice.

Purchased At:   L'Accordee

Similar Products Used:   Peugeot; Trek (crap).

Submitted by Denis Viau a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
Excellent bike for the price. Good quality, handling and finish.

Oslo bombings

...can't win when it comes to terrorism... Norway is probably the most pro-Palestinian European country... and presently their greatest sin is being part of NATO (and active in Afghanistan). Norway has largely sheltered Mullah Krekar-- who the US media already seems to be pinning the blast on. ... Read More »

Styrkeprøven fra Trondheim til Oslo

Anyone done this 540km ride with 4304 m of climbing?[URL=http://www.styrkeproven.com/styrk2003/toloypeprofil.shtml]Profile here[/URL] Fastest time last year was a little over 13 hours- though many people took closer to 20. Anyone ever ridden in it? Actually, over a thousand people finish each ... Read More »