Diamondback Edgewood LX Hybrid Bike

• SSW700 Double Tunnel Alloy Rims
  • Avenir Deluxe 2-Density Coil Sprung Hybrid Saddle

Submitted by Carl

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2013

Strengths:    I have rode many cheaper bikes. I had a Huffy Thunder Ridge Mountain Bike for over 10 years before I bought this one. I have had this one now for 3 years. I have put a couple thousand miles on it already and it has done very well. My longest ride has been 45 miles and it did great. I needed a good compromise between road and mountain bike. I tried a friends road bike but it didn't meet my needs.

Weaknesses:    It did take me a few attempts to get my rear gear tweaked where it didn't jump gears. Other than that it has been trouble free. The original seat left some to be desired. I did change the original seat as soon as I got it for one that was more comfortable to me for some distance.

Bottom Line:
Great Bike for the price for an intermediate rider. I enjoy riding some 30 mile + rides when time and weather permits.

Submitted by Mike a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2011

Strengths:    Smooth, Shimano shifters

Bottom Line:
I have owned my Edgewood for a little over 2 years now. I have put over 2000 miles on it and it still rides like the day I bought it. Changes gears smoothly and is a very comfortable ride. I've ridden quite a few different hybrids and this is the best one I've had for under $500.

Favorite Ride:   Diamondback Edgewood

Purchased At:   Surf, Skate and Whee

Submitted by bhe a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2011

Strengths:    It looks nice. The comfort ride suspension works well. The handlebars and grips are comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Terrible front derailleur shifting renders this bike unrideable. Luckily, I had purchased the extended warranty plan, which included a no-lemon policy. They recently refunded my purchase price (in the form of a gift card), less the cost of the warranty plan. This is probably the first time that I am glad about buying an extended warranty.

Bottom Line:
This is a 2010 Diamondback Edgewood LX. It is comfortable, except for the saddle itself. It begins to chafe within a minute of riding. An added gel saddle cover helped. It looks nice. The front derailleur shifting is absolutely horrible. It has been worked on by every technician available at the retailer I purchased it at. They had it in their shop for almost six months of the last year with no positive results. I had an independent bicycle dealer look at it as well. They were unable to do anything to help it. I was able to ride it approximately 3 miles in one year of ownership.

Favorite Ride:   '73 Schwinn Varsity

Purchased At:   Dick's

Similar Products Used:   I have a Schwinn Varsity, purchased new in 1973. As heavy as that old Schwinn is, it rides and functions like a dream compared to the Diamondback Edgewood LX.

Submitted by danb a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2011

Strengths:    smoothe and comfortable!

Bottom Line:
price is right! i do 30 mile rides and have no complaints. use on road.dirt and packed stone. tried some friends more expensive bikes and decided to buy two of these,one for me and the wife.

Favorite Ride:   edgewoodlx