Diamondback Wildwood Citi Hybrid Bike

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Frame Material: steel
Frame Angles: 71.0 head, 73.0 seat
Sizes: 14", 16", 18", 20", 22", Euro Md 18", Euro Sm 16"
Colors: Blue
Pedals: Avenir Anatomic Comfort
Tires: 26 x 1.95" Kenda Comfort

Submitted by al a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2012

Strengths:    Well built. Solid construction with a simple maintenance required.

Weaknesses:    The seat. The bike came with an Avenir Comfort something but that thing was killing my crotch so I replaced it with the Easy Seat by Hobsons. I just don't get it why cycling seats are so painful? Don't the designers have to suffer them I mean test them?

Bottom Line:
A nice bike for casual riding. I am 6 ft and I enjoy the fact that this is a very comfortable bicycle for my height. I had pretty much abandoned cycling because of the rather cramp designed of newer bikes as well as the uncomfortable positioning of the handles but this bike took care of that and I am enjoying my rides.

Favorite Ride:   2007 Diamondback Wilwood Classic

Purchased At:   Sports Authority

Similar Products Used:   None really. as mentioned before I had given up on cycling because of the newer uncomfortable designs.

Bike Setup:   Set up? standard. Nothing fancy but practical.

Submitted by dvalen a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2009

Strengths:    Price, Comfort

Weaknesses:    Seat

Bottom Line:
Great bike for the Money. I bought a 2009. I ride back and forth to Football Practice 2 miles each way. Very Comfy.

Purchased At:   Sports Authurity

Similar Products Used:   Parkpre Comp.

Submitted by Gordie Mosher a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2008

Strengths:    Cost is a big factor here. I can't justify paying $600 for a bike, just can't do it. This bike shifts great, and the bigger frame/tires work well for pavement and trail.

Weaknesses:    Seat was first to go, and then the pedals as well. Bike isn't aluminum, but that is good for me because I am fatter than the average bear.

Bottom Line:
This bike was a saving grace from a Wal-Mart cheapo! I am a big guy (6'3" and 330lbs.) I wanted to get back into riding bikes casually and also commuting to and from work. (6 miles round trip) I bought a cheap bike from Wal-Mart to see if I would stick to the rides. Things went well for 6 months, so I decided to step it up. I looked at Trek Navigators, and also GT's before making this purchase. The price was right, and with the 20" frame, I am SUPER comfortable riding this baby to and from work and around town on errands. I would reccommend this bike to anyone who isn't into extreme riding, but is just looking for a great bike at a great price.

Favorite Ride:   Commuting to work, or riding canals

Purchased At:   Sports Authority

Similar Products Used:   Trek Navigator 2.0, GMC Envoy

Bike Setup:   I put on a Schwinn square seat with NO pressure to the prostate area. Awesome! Replaced DB pedals with Aluminum with baskets. I ride with the seatpost high and pitched forward. I also had a great tech. at Sports Authority who set up all of the levers/cables/gripshifters, etc. to fit me. Highly Recommend

Submitted by Javan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2006

Strengths:    The strength of the bike is nice. It does not have a weak feel, yet still lightweight. I like the range of the gears and the SRAM shifters.

Weaknesses:    The saddle was the first to go! I did not even ride it with the saddle. I bought a more racing style saddle with the front cut-out. The bike did not come with bar ends, so they were added as well. The gear range is good, but with only about 100 miles on it I find that I already need to adjust the front derailluer. I have also found that the the brakes are needing constant adjustment as they like to stick. Lastly, I dislike the handle bar gooseneck (or whatever it is called, as it is not adjustable).

Bottom Line:
Actually, this is a 2006 bike. It was bought to help me stay physical while away from home for business. I basically live in a hotel during the week. I use this bike 2-3 times a week on a towpath. The path is crushed limestone. I put about 10-14 miles on the path and another 5-10 miles on the pavement during each ride. Generally, I like the bike. I like the price, but I made a few changes...

Favorite Ride:   Any decent bike available

Purchased At:   Dicks Sporting Goods

Similar Products Used:   My other bike is quite similar, as it is the GT Timberline and has a similar setup plus it has clipless (SPD) pedals.

Bike Setup:   I have the seat post high and pitched forward. I have Forte bar ends, a Diamonback racing saddle (cheap but very comfortable). Most recently, I have added street slicks, as I find the MTB tires it comes with are just too slow. Suffice to say, that I have it set up like I would race, but I do not race.