Fuji Bicycles Absolute Hybrid Bike

4.25/5 (20 Reviews)

Frame Material: Altair 2 7000 Series Aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.0 head, 73.0 seat
Sizes: 15", 17", 19", 21", 23"
Colors: Burgundy
Pedals: Wellgo LU-962
Tires: 700 x 26c Kenda Kontender

Submitted by Mike

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2016

Strengths:    For the price you get a proper frame and very well known brand.

Weaknesses:    I literally owned a Giant Hybrid for over 20 years, and recently "upgraded" to the Fuji. Had it less than six months and my rims were so jacked it was unridable. Returned to the local bike shop were I bought it, a month later they couldn't find the cause of my spokes poking through the rim. Got it back, rode for a few weeks. Flat fire no biggie, replaced the tire. Rode for 14 miles, BAM flat fire again and the rim is shot, AGAIN!

Stay away,

Bottom Line:
Wouldn't recommend this bike, unless your a very very casual rider.

Submitted by Jay

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2014

Strengths:    Excellent value. Great, durable bike at a phenomenal price. Very comfortable for short and mid-range rides.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
Get one if you are thinking about it. You should not be disappointed.

Submitted by dan

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2014

Strengths:    Great overall bike. Rides very well. Its light and handles very well. Good color choices too.

Weaknesses:    Bmx seat will have to go.

Bottom Line:
Great bike for just a cruise or for speed. I'm loving it.

Submitted by pepelepeu

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2013

Strengths:    The price is below $500.
It's a known, probably, high-end brand

Weaknesses:    All of the components

Bottom Line:
I got a 2013 absolute 2.3
I have to say I'm disappointed.
Yes, the price is low, but I bought a fuji thinking that I was getting a trusted brand so I didn't do research about the components before buying it. I thought how bad a fuji can be?
The components are bad. I never thought fuji would use such a low quality equipment for their bikes AND I never thought shimano would make such crappy products.

Submitted by Zac a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2013

Strengths:    Truvativ Isoflow crank, Carbon fork, disc brakes, good frame

Weaknesses:    Rims are weak, tires are passable, but you replace those anyway.

Bottom Line:
This is the third Fuji I've owned, and I'm quite impressed with each one. I was looking for a flat bar road bike, and the Absolute was on my short list. I found a 2010 Absolute 2.0 in a pawn shop for $350, and snatched it up. The bike was like new, and still had the original tires, which I swapped for Ritchey SpeedMax cross tires. The ride improved dramatically. The 2010 models had Tektro mechanical disc brakes, which seem to work well, and a Truvativ crank. The bike is fast, and handles the road and loose gravel trails well. It's comfortable to ride, too. With the adjustable stem on the handlebars, you can get it tuned to your riding style. I'm going to upgrade the wheelset soon, and with that, I really won't have any faults with this bike.

Similar Products Used:   Fuji Tahoe Pro 29er, Trek 4000, Trek 7100, Trek 4500, Fuji Palisade, Fuji Absolute 2.0