Giant Cypress LX Hybrid Bike

4.77/5 (13 Reviews)

Cycling has never been easier or more comfortable than with Giant's Cypress. It features an upright riding position and a suspension fork and seatpost

Submitted by dfraser

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2016

Strengths:    Can only say good things about this bike.The best bike I ever rode.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
Just turned 2600 kilometers, not one problem, but time for new tires.

Submitted by Rory Calahan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2015

Strengths:    So smooth. So comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Can't think of anything.

Bottom Line:
I picked up a 2014 recently. Could not believe the comfort and balance of the bike. If you want to spend a few hours regularly on a bike; your back will love this bike and so will your asss. Even the seat is good and this is rare on a stock bike. Not to mention less weight on your arms and wrists helps a lot too. No way will a road or mountain bike compare after a long time in the saddle.

Do yourself a favour and forget the department store cheapie. Spend the extra money on one of these and really enjoy bike riding. The difference is overwhelming.

Submitted by Thomas a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2013

Strengths:    Rides very well. Love the handle bar setup. The click shifters. Front shock. Seat post shock. Sturdy and reliable. Purchased this Giant Cypress in Hune 2012. Blue metal flake paint. Easy to ride. Very good bike for the price. Well worth it. $379 I would recommend one of these bikes for anyone who likes to ride on or off the bike trails.

Weaknesses:    I have not found any weeknesses with this bike. I recommend that anyone at least take one for a test ride.

Bottom Line:
One of the best bikes i have ridden and I,ve rode many over the years.

Submitted by Jerry Strand

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2013

Strengths:    strong frame, excellent components for money, durability, easy maintenance, nearly as good after 12 years as when new, reliable

Weaknesses:    a bit heavy

Bottom Line:
I've ridden this bike for 12 years and 6,000 miles, on road and off road. It's fitted for extra water bottles, bike rack, storage bags. No problems other than normal maintenance. Still a great looking bike, rides exceptionally well, and handles with excellence balance and stability on back-country trails.

Submitted by Richard a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2013

Strengths:    Quality build & components, well balanced, good body positioning

Weaknesses:    slightly on the hefty side, cantilever brakes instead of disks

Bottom Line:
I went to a reputable bike shop in the west Island area of Montreal and purchased the Giant-Cypress. I love this bike. Sooo comfortable, easy to ride, overall quality is outstanding. My first ride was 20km long and averaged 19km per hour on an undulating boulevard with a slight headwind. The hour long ride that was performed at good cadence was superb, nothing numb or sore and could have continued easily for another hour. BTW, I haven't ridden a bike in many years!. I am 53 and I felt 33 riding it! It's slightly on the heavy side but that's fine, a definite secure feeling riding her is worth it. Not as fast as a road race bike but if you use it to commute or exercise like I do, it performs well. Very happy I got this model. I would have preferred disk brakes but the cantilever ones work fine, even wet.

Purchased At:   www.gianellacycles.c