Giant Cypress LX Hybrid Bike

4.73/5 (11 Reviews)

Cycling has never been easier or more comfortable than with Giant's Cypress. It features an upright riding position and a suspension fork and seatpost

Submitted by Thomas a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2013

Strengths:    Rides very well. Love the handle bar setup. The click shifters. Front shock. Seat post shock. Sturdy and reliable. Purchased this Giant Cypress in Hune 2012. Blue metal flake paint. Easy to ride. Very good bike for the price. Well worth it. $379 I would recommend one of these bikes for anyone who likes to ride on or off the bike trails.

Weaknesses:    I have not found any weeknesses with this bike. I recommend that anyone at least take one for a test ride.

Bottom Line:
One of the best bikes i have ridden and I,ve rode many over the years.

Submitted by Jerry Strand

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2013

Strengths:    strong frame, excellent components for money, durability, easy maintenance, nearly as good after 12 years as when new, reliable

Weaknesses:    a bit heavy

Bottom Line:
I've ridden this bike for 12 years and 6,000 miles, on road and off road. It's fitted for extra water bottles, bike rack, storage bags. No problems other than normal maintenance. Still a great looking bike, rides exceptionally well, and handles with excellence balance and stability on back-country trails.

Submitted by Richard a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2013

Strengths:    Quality build & components, well balanced, good body positioning

Weaknesses:    slightly on the hefty side, cantilever brakes instead of disks

Bottom Line:
I went to a reputable bike shop in the west Island area of Montreal and purchased the Giant-Cypress. I love this bike. Sooo comfortable, easy to ride, overall quality is outstanding. My first ride was 20km long and averaged 19km per hour on an undulating boulevard with a slight headwind. The hour long ride that was performed at good cadence was superb, nothing numb or sore and could have continued easily for another hour. BTW, I haven't ridden a bike in many years!. I am 53 and I felt 33 riding it! It's slightly on the heavy side but that's fine, a definite secure feeling riding her is worth it. Not as fast as a road race bike but if you use it to commute or exercise like I do, it performs well. Very happy I got this model. I would have preferred disk brakes but the cantilever ones work fine, even wet.

Purchased At:   www.gianellacycles.c

Submitted by Mac Bryant

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2012

Strengths:    Adjustability. Seat shock. Front shock. Bomb proof.

Weaknesses:    Weight.

Bottom Line:
Long time, year round commuter in upstate NY (down to 10 degrees, 14 miles one way). My aluminum framed road bike was jarring me and as I grew older I found myself using my mountain bike more and more and letting the road bike hang in the garage. At age 70, I sold the road bike and picked up a used Cypress on Craig's list.
Right away I noticed the extra pounds I was dealing with but told myself, "You're in it for the exercise dummy; deal with it!" And I have.
I've since left the studded tires on my mountain bike for ice riding in the winter and as long as it's dry out use the Cypress exclusively. I love to go fast so have raised the seat and lowered the stem angle so that I'm fairly stretched out. It may not stay with a road bike for long, but I've caught and passed a few. It'll haul and give you a work out.
I really like the suspension and the seat shock. I had to ride my rain bike today and could really feel the vibrations from the rough streets that I wasn't feeling on the Cypress.
My advice if you're considering one is to ask yourself what you're bicycling for. If it's to win races, get a road bike. If it's to get yourself in shape, this baby will do that.

Submitted by Bob Montani a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2011

Strengths:    Comfort, Durablility, Decent Hardware

Weaknesses:    Maybe just a little heavy.

Bottom Line:
Bought this bike just to have something to tool around with so I could ride with my wife and daughter. Have a couple of thousand miles on it so far and have had no problems. Very comfortable. Maybe a bit on the heavy side but nice solid bike with decent components

Favorite Ride:   The American Tobacco Trail