Giant Revive Hybrid Bike

4.42/5 (19 Reviews)

Frame Material: 6061 T6 aluminum
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: one size fits all
Colors: Black/Silver, Red/Silver
Pedals: resin
Tires: 20 x 1.75" multi-terrain

Submitted by Jim a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2012

Strengths:    Very rugged bike; strong frame, 20" wheels are durable and pump up quickly, riding on bike paths the seat height puts you at eye level with walkers, so you are less intimidating to others, like riding around in a chair; also you can put your feet down and not have to dismount. Extremely comfortable. Due to neck and shoulder problems I can't ride a regular bike very far, but can spend hours on the revive without problems. The shock under the seat makes a lot of difference comfort wise. When sightseeing and just knocking around the bike is convenient for stopping often to check things out.

Weaknesses:    Heavy, but not seriously so; takes a while to get used to 20" wheels (less gyroscopic effect, very quick steering); use of panniers a problem.

Bottom Line:
I enjoy this bike immensely. I am planning a long tour this spring, from Colorado to Florida and back. Speed is less of a concern than comfort and durability, and the Revive has both of those.
I will put a smaller chainring on to gear the bike down for a load. I don't understand why Giant doesn't market this bike more aggresively, I get comments every time i ride it, from all ages and especially from teens that say "wow, cool bike!"

Favorite Ride:   Revive

Purchased At:   Mr. Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Jogga

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2012

Strengths:    Adjustabel seat, backrest and handlebar positions. Ease of use, makes you want to use it and ge out an about, the pedalac seems to be gradual in power according to need, come on when just moving off. Very light battery. Able to put feet down when stopping, so safer.

Weaknesses:    Unstable handle bars due to angles, wobble a lot. Very heavy to move around, heavy first gear,still so even with pedalac uphills, so limiting use.

Bottom Line:
Excellent bike, demands use! Pleasent to ride and comfortable, best bike I have had! The ride is like a an armchair/exercise gym bike.

Submitted by john

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2012

Strengths:    comfort

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I am looking for a new Giant Revive to purchase. Where would I go?

Submitted by Ed

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2012

Strengths:    Fully adjustable. Has a back support. extremely comfortable.

Weaknesses:    A little heavy to carry up and down the stairs of my apartment.

Bottom Line:
I am pleased with the way the bike adjusts to every individual. I use it instead of a car for errands and keep it for guests. I adjust it to each individual and have had no complaints. I recent took the rear wheel off it for maintenance and I am having trouble finding a repair manual for it though.

Submitted by bonnie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2011

Strengths:    Comfort, looks, and ease to ride.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Love, love, love my bike. I have a bad back and have not been able to ride my trek due to the pain it causes. I am not able to ride a true recumbant bike at the health club because it hurts my knees, but this bike hurts nothing and rides beautifully. I get stopped every time I ride it and asked "what is it and where can I get one". I am so happy that after 8 or so years I can ride a bike again. We travel with our bikes on vacation and you can see so much with it. Thanks!

Purchased At:   Indianapolis Schwin

Alarm! House Dems revive budget rules!

Those reckless House Dems are already laying the groundwork for Democratic fiscal irresponsibility by reviving budgeting rules that require spending increases to be off-set by taxes or cuts in other spending. How can you run a Political Gravy Train with this pay-as-you-go NONSENSE??? How can tax a ... Read More »

anyone with the Revive

it is semirecumbent. I have had it for under a month trying to make or buy a rear basket any feedback ThanksRead More »