Giant Sedona DX Hybrid Bike

4.88/5 (8 Reviews)

HOW TO PURCHASE A GIANT BICYCLE Giant Bicycles are only sold our Corona,CA retail store (2410 Wardlow Road, Suite 109, Corona, CA, 92880). This item cannot be purchased online or at our Riverside, CA location. If you are interested...

Submitted by Nashville Native

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2014

Strengths:    XL Frame size is made for a big man. Perfect for a former football lineman looking to burn some weight off but treat his knees right. Shifts clean. Not a hybrid of road might ride but very good on paved trails. Length of reach to handlebars and pedals are great for 6'-3" and 36 -1/2" arm length. Seat is comfortable as well. Love the lockout forks for times when I want more speed and I am less worried about bumps.

Weaknesses:    Twist gears work really well but push buttons would be better only due to my large hand contacting the twist shifter sometimes when I am not wanting to shift.

Screws under the saddle got a bit loose and when I tightened them down I think the whole threads were somewhat stripped out.

Bottom Line:
I like it enough that I am thinking about buying another one and putting it back for when this one finally wears out. It is made so well, that may not be a good idea. It may last me 20 years.

Submitted by carlos

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2013

Strengths:    Perfect comfort, multipurpose, fun to ride, good looking, and quality built.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
AAA+ BIKE

Submitted by Scoot gal

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2013

Strengths:    Comfortable, easily adjustable, enjoyed many long rides of 20-30 miles being able to maintain 8-10mi/hr. I actually have an older version, bought a new dual sport by another maker. It was a beautiful bike, I was so looking forward to riding it but returned it because my Giant spoiled me!

Weaknesses:    None Love this bike...it's my best friendn

Bottom Line:
It gets no respect as a comfort bike...wish it was sportier!

Submitted by dug sitowski a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2012

Strengths:    I put a 50cc gas engine on this bike and ride it all over southern NM at up to 40mph with no stability, cornering or suspension problems or fears. Very durable, safe, fun & built like a tank. Can't beat it for the price!

Weaknesses:    No problems yet after several thousand miles on it with the engine. A little on the heavy side but at 30-40mph it feels very reassuring.

Bottom Line:
This bike may not be for smaller, lighter folks but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to any adult looking for a bike with a lot of bang for their buck. Riding around the backroads the front & seat suspension provides a solid road holding quality without feeling mushy or skittish. It looks great too and have gotten numerous comments about its classy, stylish appearance.

Favorite Ride:   whatever I'm sitting on

Purchased At:   San Pedro Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Rode street, road & mtn bikes all my life

Bike Setup:   50cc motor attached to rear wheel

Submitted by Jorge-G a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2011

Strengths:    Upright position

Weaknesses:    brakes when it gets wet

Bottom Line:
Previously to this bike I have not use a ike since 1997. I bought one then but use it very little because it was uncomfortable. This bike is perfect for me. I am 5'7" and got the 17" frame. The full suspension is a gift to my old aching body. My longest ride since getting it has been about 5 miles; don't feel any pain the next day. Great bike.

Favorite Ride:   Giant Sedona DX