Jamis Coda Sport Hybrid Bike

4.52/5 (31 Reviews)

Our Coda series of flat-handlebar road bikes has won us legions of fans over the years and an Editor’s Choice award from Bicycling Magazine in 2011 for good reason—they’re quick, they’re nimble, they’re durable and dependable, and they are a blast to ride. They’re basically road racing bikes without the racing emphasis—flat handlebars and intuitively easy-to-use controls mean near-zero intimidation, but you still get the benefit of elevated performance and incredible efficiency. This year’s Codas are even smoother riding than last years thanks to the wider 32c Vittoria Randonneur tires, which make for perfect all-weather riding around town. And we made sure this years Codas are still some of the most versatile two-wheelers we build, thanks to a full brace of rack, fender and lock eyelets and a broad gearing range suitable for most any terrain.

Submitted by mike

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2016

Strengths:    Easy Shift, Strong Steel Frame FAST!

Weaknesses:    HAven't found one yet

Bottom Line:
I've been doing my homework trying to find a reasonable, mid priced bike that I could use to get back into cycling.
I started a conversation with Kevin at City Bike Tampa and did lots of digging online.

Kevin asked some very good questions and led me directly to the Coda Sport.
I took it out on the street for about thirty minutes and the bike did everything I wanted it to do.
Hands down - GREAT BIKE.

I bought it on the spot and have been very happy with everything about it!

Submitted by Omar

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2016

Strengths:    Agile, fast, smooth pedaling and shifting. Makes going uphill or up a steep ramp very easy. Tough. Reliable. Durable. Can take a pounding.

Weaknesses:    None that I can see or have experienced.

Bottom Line:
I absolutely love my Coda Sport. I own the 2016 model in silver. I purchased this bike about 2 weeks ago (Memorial day weekend to be exact) and have loved every time I have gone for a cruise. I have put it through multiple 20+ mile trips already. One of those trips was 28 miles. I use it for pretty much everything. I live in Chicago. So if you have ever been here or live here, you know how terrible these streets are. The steel frame really helps. I paid $539 for it. I have no regrets.

So if you are looking for an AWESOME bike, this would be absolutely worth every penny.

Submitted by Mike Conway a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2015

Strengths:    Fabulous comfortable ride, fast, totally reliable, looks great (I got a 2015 in dark blue) Vittoria tires, price, nice equipment. The mechanics who built this bike at the bike shop did it right, too. Nearly a year's riding and not one adjustment needed -- and the wheels are perfect..

Weaknesses:    Only that I didn't quit the aluminium frame hybrids sooner. (I must be a slow learner....)

Bottom Line:
A perfect urban ride for me.

Favorite Ride:   Jamis Coda Sport

Purchased At:   Blue Line Bike Lab,

Similar Products Used:   A Giant road bike, two aluminium framed Giant hybrids.

Bike Setup:   At bike shop this refers to? Perfect. If the geometry is what they're asking for, this is just right for me.

Submitted by Andy

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2015

Strengths:    Strong and agile steel frame can be ridden all day - handles speed well too

Weaknesses:    The wheels are a disgrace and the spring wires in the v-brakes are on the flimsy side

Bottom Line:
I can’t rate this higher than 3 stars as the wheels are a complete insult - I and a competent wheel builder have come to the conclusion that it is not worth persevering with the wheels AT ALL. They arrived with 5mm+ runout - so I tuned them up a bit and did a few hundred kms before taking it to the wheel guy for a proper tuning but after only 1500km, I am going to have to fork out at least 50% of the bike’s cost on wheels that stay true for more than a week and don’t pop spokes. It really is a great frame and most of the components are OKish, but once you add on $200 or 300 for wheels that work, you may as well get something else - I won’t touch this brand again

Submitted by Robert

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2015

Strengths:    I think I paid too much! $700 for coda sport with Deorde drive ? I purchased it in 2012 and it was on sale. It is without a doubt a terrific ride.speed,agility and nimbleness.quiet too..I heard the Alex wheels are suspect, but I don't have any issues.i tried several bike when searching, as the proprietor said" the bike will find you" ...it did! Great ride.

Bottom Line:
See above

Contests