Marin Mountain Bikes Kentfield Hybrid Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Marin Kentfield FS '10. Kentfield with lockout fork. Marin's Hybrid bikes are the perfect mix of comfort and efficiency. Built with lighter weight Alloy frames and larger 700c wheels these bikes are designed for traveling comfortably throughout the city o

Submitted by mswillis5 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2008

Weaknesses:    None yet. I've used it 2 days so far.

Bottom Line:
This bike is great. I ride 8 miles each way to work and I shaved 15 minutes off of my mountain bike ride. This bike is better than the other bikes that I tried at the stores. Very quick commute makes it easier for me to sleep in.

Favorite Ride:   Marin Kentfield 2008

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Submitted by Dr M Dean a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2007

Strengths:    cheap, reliable, no nonsence everyday commuter bike

Weaknesses:    gear shifters needed replacing.

Bottom Line:
Great commuting bike. Over the 6 years I'v been using this bike as my daily work horse, I've done between 7 and 17 miles each way in all weathers. It has never let me down.

Its no racer, but is by no means slow. it is as at home on river paths as the road and absolutly steady when loaded up with two paniers. COmfort is not bad either.

Its cheap to run and the components are of a high enough quality that they have lasted my abuses. and thats being kept outside!

Its not so falshy looking that I'm ever worried about security

I would recomend this bike to anyone looking for an everyday workhorse. It is a good combination of quality, speed and comfort at a low price.

Favorite Ride:   Commute