Marin Mountain Bikes Terra Linda Womens Hybrid Bike

• Crankset: TruVativ Touro 3.0, 52/42/30
  • Chain: Shimano HG40

Submitted by David a Commuter

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2012

Strengths:    Great construction, nice componets, rides smooooooth. Carbon fork YAY!

Weaknesses:    I am not a good climber so I cant really tell if the bike is or not. But maybe a potential weakness

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike for myself as a hybrid commuter for me to take to work. I bought the 2009 model brand new for a great price to be sure. I have found since I am a shorter guy 5'6" or so that the womens bike frames tend to fit me better than the mens that seem to be made for people 5'8" and taller anyway. I have had the chance to ride the bike for a few days now and it is great. I can honestly say that I have never gone so fast on a bike. When you get this bike in its top gear the speed acheived is pretty unreal. I really like the bike and the componets seems to be of good quality but maybe heavier than more expensive componets, however the frame is nice. I dont know how it is on the other years but my handle bar angle can be adjusted between flat 0 degress and 60 degress which helps the bike fit a broader range of sizes. They did not have a mens model for me to try but I didnt really care to after I road this one. However checking the specs when I returned home it seems that the mens version is called the fairfax and does have any differences between the two models except for a tapering handel bar on the womens whick is very nice by the way, the colors, and the pedals for your feet. Geometry and everything seems to be the same. I went with this style because I really dont like drop handle bars that much, and most commuters are too upright and wheels are so thick that the amount of resistance on the ground is not worth taking long trips on. I would consider this bike for commuting under 30 miles or light touring under 100 miles. More than this you may benefit from the addition aerodynamics of a true road bike.

Similar Products Used:   Trek Antelope, Specialized sirrus.

Bike Setup:   Stock