Novara Big Buzz Hybrid Bike

• Sturdy aluminum frame offers a responsive, stable and versatile ride for commuting, 'round-town riding and longer jaunts on the weekend

Submitted by Luanne Klondyke a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2014

Strengths:    This review is for the Novara BIG BUZZ 2014. The bike is light,fast and handles very well. The disc brakes are awesome and the shifting is smooth. I bought this for riding over dirt paths with small to medium gravel that turn into paved bikeways. Its study enough to handle the rougher parts of my ride and fast enough to move out on the street. I had a Marin before but this bike is more agile and easier to maneuver. I paid over $700 for the Marin hybrid and it served my well. But I like my BIG BUZZ better. Its more responsive. I really like the bike and would highly recommend at this price point. This is an REI brand and the REI service is very good. I just purchased during their labor day sale, end of season, and got it for $559, which is a great deal for a bike of this quality ! I'm 5'8" about 155 pounds and I got the extra large because I like to stretch out when I ride. Its not too big. I don't like to feel like I'm going to pitch forward over the handle bars so the XL lets me sit back and tall. My typical ride is 25 to 30 miles this is just right. Love it.

Weaknesses:    Nothing to complain of here.

Bottom Line:
I would highly recommend buying this !

Favorite Ride:   gravel or pavement