Specialized Crosstrail Disc Hybrid Bike

Built for efficient recreation, exploration and fitness, the Crosstrail is made for how, where and why you ride. The Crosstrail Disc features reliable components like the 75mm-travel SR Suntour fork, Tektro Novela disc brakes and Specialized Borough XC Sport tires.

Submitted by Elliot a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2012

Strengths:    Just bought this bike a couple days ago, finally let go of my 94 Pacific Mountain Bike (horrible). I payed only 525 on it, got it on sale. Took the bike out for a good day of riding, mainly road but ended up taking it on some greenways which had some dirt and gravel. The cool feature is the loosening and tightening of the front fork. When I was on the road I had it at the tightest, this removed any spring effect and still cushioned against bumps on the road. When I hit the gravel I loosened it and gave me a very comfortable feel. The bikes gears and disc brakes are amazing, I don't think I will ever be able to go back.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness I have is the tires that come with the bike are more geared towards road use, If you are more interested in dirt gravel trail riding, I recommend getting the Specialized Armadillo tires, plus they're thicker and will protect from punctures.

Bottom Line:
Overall I am very pleased. I was afraid of getting a hybrid bike, but I just love riding on trails and also road. I figured why be limited to 1 of those.