Specialized Sirrus Sport Hybrid Bike

4.86/5 (14 Reviews)

Specialized Sirrus Sport: Combining the heart of the world's best road bikes with a flat-bar, urban-friendly form, Sirrus Sport redefines the notion of versatility. 27-speed Shimano gearing keeps your pedaling efficient over varied terrain...

Submitted by BigDaddy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2014

Strengths:    Well Built, components work very well with the bike as a whole, quick shifting, excellent wheels/tires. Excellent fast commuter. All for only $490.00 plus tax. LBS included a bell and water cage (Woohoo!! Sold!)

Weaknesses:    None....oh wait - Made in China. I took care of that and had the Made in China removed before riding out the door of my LBS

Bottom Line:
2013/2014 Specialized Sirrus Sport. I use this mainly for commuting to give make my mountain a bike a mountain bike and my road bike a road bike. I can put racks front and back if needed. This bike can handle a load. Commuting isn't the only thing this bike is good for, it would excel in being a touring bike. It really is well built and light. I was surprisingly impressed with this bike.

Purchased At:   Calmar Bicycles

Bike Setup:   Stock. Front and rear lights, Shimano XTR pedals, Rear rack (55lb load)

Submitted by Brad

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2014

Strengths:    Light weight yet very sturdy. I like the handling and easy shift and balance at low and higher speeds.

Bottom Line:
A great option for everyday road use with flexible options for changing out tires for more rugged rides.

Submitted by Bob Knott

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2014

Strengths:    Easy shifting! Great handling.

Weaknesses:    Poor choices of colours. This may be a small complaint but the only colours available were black or REALLY RED!

Bottom Line:
I had not ridden a bicycle for nearly 40 years. After a knee replacement I needed the sort of exercise bike riding provided. I love it and ride almost every day. The only real adjustment I needed to make was to put on an adjustable yoke to raise the handlebars about 1 cm.

Submitted by Tom

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2014

Strengths:    Great bike for the money. Smooth riding and better shifting than I thought would have. Very light

Weaknesses:    Non

Bottom Line:
I tried Focus which is a great German bike but this was much more comfortable

Submitted by Tony Ha a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2013

Strengths:    Smooth sturdy bike! Light enough for most of my trail rides.

Weaknesses:    No real weakness for a hybrid. Pretty light and ride solid.

Bottom Line:
Took this bike on some new trails and love it. It is fast enough for the non professional riders.

Need Advice! Sirrus Sport or Fuji 4.0?

Hello! Both the Sirrus Sport and Fuji 4.0 are in the same price range, which is max what I can afford. Basically I am looking for the lightest/fastest/most efficient bike I can get in that price range and those are the ones I have narrowed it down to which are available in my city. I also look ... Read More »

2007 Sirrus Sport vs. 2011 Secteur

I own a 2007 Sirrus that has about 1500 miles on it. The bike is very comfortable but is in need of a new wheel set, which I will purchase from the BWW in the next few months (Mavic CPX 22 rims with Shimano 2300 hubs). Last month I road my Sirrus in a Sprint Triathlon, which had a 14 mile loop that ... Read More »

Janis Allegro 2 vs. Giant Rapid Fire 3 vs. Specialized Sirrus Sport vs. Trek 7300

I am a beginner but in shape. 6 foor, 190 pounds. Athletic. I want to buy a bike for exercise at the beach - roads are mostly flat, but there are some fine gravel patches. Only doing road biking - but for exercise, not speed. Plan on doing 10-20 miles once or twice per week during the summer. Want b ... Read More »