Specialized Sirrus Hybrid Bike

3.96/5 (24 Reviews)

Combining the heart of the world's best road bikes with a flat-bar, urban-friendly form, Sirrus redefines the notion of versatility; with Shimano 8-speed gearing for reliable performance.

Submitted by will Markhardt

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2014

Strengths:    I've used this bike as a commuter bike for several years. Very speedy and light weight compared to my mountain bikes

Weaknesses:    Recently I noticed the pedals feeling spongy and the chain coming off frequently. Crossing streets in heavy traffic became very scary because I didn't know when the chain would derail. This morning I noticed that the whole bottom of the bike was twisting as I pedaled. That when I realized that the angle beam was almost broken in two down near the pedals. luckily I have another bike to ride home on because the frame on this one is toast.

Bottom Line:
I'm not a big guy and this frame should not have broken.

Submitted by GLORIE MORROW

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2013

Strengths:    I've put approximately 2,500 miles on my 2011 Specialized Vita (Sirrus) despite having nerve damage from a past auto accident...this great handling bike is extremely comfortable! Used to favor road bikes, but now I'd never go back!!!
This bike is so well designed, really...I can't fault it, especially as I only paid $440.00 on sale, at a Specialized store in Huntington Beach, CA. I've owned approximately 100 bikes (hobby) but this one is a "daily driver " and with-out the right bike would no longer be able to ride, because of intense pain..so now ... I'm especially great full for this happy and responsive little hybrid...yes I'd highly recommend it...as I'm totally jazzed with it!

Weaknesses:    It really works perfectly as a "daily driver" for errands+exercise, love the responsiveness, styling, quickness, smart engineering..have received a lot of compliments on the bikes styling (esp. from men) so for the sale price of $440.00 it was clearly a find and I have absolutely no complaints!

Bottom Line:
The Men's version is called a Specialized Sirrus and Women's version is called a Specialized Vita, both versions have several component trim levels,depending on what level of performance a rider is seeking. I greatly appreciate the fit of my Vita as because of the women's specific sizing of frame and certain components the Vita works perfectly for me. I might add that this bike did very well in past testing by consumer reports magazine. I've owned much more expensive bikes in my past, however, this little bike is my favorite and the absolute best value I've ever gotten in a new bicycle purchase in
my 40 + years as a bicyclist. happy cycling!

Submitted by Dave-O

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2013

Strengths:    Lightweight, comfortable, great for commuting/weekend paved or crushed gravel trail rides.

Weaknesses:    Out of the box, cannot adjust head piece, separate part must be purchased and installed at bike shop.

Bottom Line:
I just purchased mine, and have ridden it enough that I can safely say I am in love with this bike. I tried one of the higher end Sirrus models, and the only difference I noticed from those was more speed and nimbleness. This bike is a great balance between a road bike and a mountain bike for sure. Great on uphills with the 24 speed gearing. My old Huffy was nothing like this, and I love the quick access to the shifters over the twist shifts of my old bike. A great value for sure!!!! Love the lightweight aluminum frame and everything about this bike!

Submitted by treadtread

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2013

Strengths:    Commuting

Weaknesses:    Front derailleur, lack of hand positions

Bottom Line:
I setup the Sirrus as a commuter - for commuter specific modds, see http://treadrightly.blogspot.com/2013/01/specialized-sirrus-my-daily-commuter.html

Submitted by Gern

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2012

Strengths:    It is easy to jump on a go. I have had road bikes, and this compares.

Weaknesses:    After riding a couple of years with the flat bars, I put some "apes" on it and now it is perfect. Ok, it looks a little goofy, but it is so comfortable I can ride all day.

Bottom Line:
A great bike for what I am doing with it.

New bike, Specialized Sirrus Elite

Went to my LBS and found a Sirrus Elite, I got it for a pretty decent price. Roughly $600, this is pretty much my first Road/Hybrid bike. I'm pretty excited to get some miles on this! [ATTACH=CONFIG]283954[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]283955[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]283956[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]283 ... Read More »

Need some help - Specialized Sirrus

Hello, I was hoping some of you experienced folks could take a look at this bike and let me know your thoughts. Is it worth the asking price? Does it look to be in good shape? Thanks in advanced! [url=http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/3866086341.html]vintage specialized sirrus[/url] AdamRead More »

1990 Sirrus Triple gearing?

I'm just getting back into cycling after an almost-two-decade absence. As you can tell from the subject line, I've got a '90 Triple (Shimano RX) in stock condition which I'm going to be using for the foreseeable future. In the old days, I had made up a full gearing spreadsheet, which would still b ... Read More »

advice choosing between Specialized Sirrus comp vs wilier Bassano

Hello, these are my two options. My main use wold be conmutting. The bassano is 200 dollars more expensive, I guess the componets are a bit better. would be wort it to pay the extra money? The bassado is 2, 60 pounds lighter. The sirrus seller is telling that for conmuting in the city a bit heavi ... Read More »

newbie tech questions about bikes, sirrus vs willier bassano

Hello, I use to ride a trek 7.3 fx, now I want to upgrade and I choosing between the sirrus pro and wilier bassano The bassano seems to have a bit of a diffrent frame for 2013, but a local dealer has a 2012 in stock. the 2013 frame seems to be more sporty and also the soldering in frames tubes is ... Read More »