Trek 7.6 FX WSD Hybrid Bike

• Trek's 7.6 FX WSD is ready to go wherever you are thanks to its great blend of road-bike speed and mountain-bike stability and riding position. It features Trek's FX Black Series aluminum frame for a fantastic, smooth ride and nimble handling. Plus, the Bontrager SSR wheels and Race Lite Hardcase tires are fast and puncture-resistant. And, this sweet machine boasts components from Shimano and Bontrager for top-notch, reliable braking and shifting.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by VamosRafa a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2010

Strengths:    Upright position. Triple crank. Lightweight. Attractive color scheme. Comfortable ride. Comfortable saddle. Good service from Trek.

Weaknesses:    Only has one bottle cage.

Bottom Line:
    I purchased the 2010 7.6 WSD. I love it. I bought it after doing a half century on a mountain bike. I thought there must be an easier way -- and there is. This bike is so comfortable. I did a 58-mile ride after buying the bike, and I wasn't even sore after the ride. It fit perfectly. It is fast, and it is also good for climbing with its triple crank. I probably will tackle a century with it in the next few months. I like the feel and control of an upright bike, yet I also like the feel of getting miles behind me on a long ride. This bike delivers!

Purchased At:   Trek Bikes of Ventur

Submitted by Y Storm a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2009

Strengths:    Lightweight, but not a death bike.
    Fast.
    Good looking bike.
    Flat bar works for me. I don't like curling my body over the front bars.

Bottom Line:
    I love this bike. I have the 2008 model and I rode it for the past year in several public rides and also just for fun and training. It's a light, fast, sweet ride. I was able to keep up mostly with my coach, who rides some fancy expensive carbon Bianchi.

I love this bike. I love this bike. Can't say enough about it. I think the 2009 has gone way up in price, but I don't see much difference. Hard to find these used.

Go for it. Buy it. Ride it. Love it.

Favorite Ride:   Trek FX 7.6 WSD

Purchased At:   Bike Gallery Portlan

Submitted by jiwmmm a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2008

Bottom Line:
    I love this bicycle. It's comfortable, it's fast, it's great! I'm still a beginner in biking so I'm still getting used to doing 25+ mile rides. This bike is definitely holding my interest!

Favorite Ride:   on the bike paths around my home

Purchased At:   Valley Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   My last bike was a Gary Fisher paragon (I was using thin tires on it!)