Trek 7200 Hybrid Bike

4.19/5 (42 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Black Chrome/Silver, Blue/Dark Blue
Pedals: resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert Select

Submitted by K. Byrd

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2016

Strengths:    Durable. Nothing breaks and I've never been stranded anywhere. I did have one accident, but fortunately my left hand, arm and leg protected the bike from getting scratched.

Weaknesses:    Maybe it's my weakness. I'm 5' 8"--the frame is a little tall for me. However, I do enjoy the high riding position.

Bottom Line:
I've added some accessories (bottle cages, trip computer, tool bag) but the mechanicals are pretty much stock. Very reliable, simple, easy to work on. I'm big on routine preventive maintenance. Bought it when I was 59 and now I'm 69. In the early years with this bike, I did maybe 30 miles a day, 62 on a Saturday. I've slowed down some but still get in some good rides in our East Texas boonies. When I tell my non bike friends what I have invested in it, their response is always the same "but I can buy a bike at WalMart for $99". Once they ride with me, they figure it out in a hurry.

Submitted by Mike Hayes

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2015

Strengths:    It was able to fit me like a glove. Comfort, Durability.

Weaknesses:    I really couldn't find a weakness. The brakes had to be adjusted more then usually.

Bottom Line:
This is the best bike I have ever had. I am 6'3" 225. Most bikes can't handle me. This one could and still had more room to play with.

Submitted by Andrew Martin

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2015

Strengths:    This is one tough bike. It is extremely durable and even though mine is regularly ridden and is nearing 8 years of age it still looks and rides like new.

Weaknesses:    The seat is too hard.

Bottom Line:
This is a perfect bike for the city, a bike that can easily cope with mounting gutters, potholes and gravel, but is light enough to be nimble and ridden with speed. This is easily the best bicycle I've owned.

Submitted by Ken Hartley

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2015

Strengths:    Great Frame, Great Pedal Height, Tires and Rims easy to clean, wheels easy to remove, chain easy to lube, handle bars geometry good.

Weaknesses:    Hardware not rust proof

Bottom Line:
I have had my 7200 for about 10 years. It has been a good bicycle for me as I may ride it 3-5 days a week in summer time. It is not as fast as the light weight bikes that cost 10 time more but I like it and would buy another. The transmission is flawless, the tires get good mileage, and the factory seat isn't too bad. Maintenance for the bike is easy, cost for maintenance is reasonable.

Submitted by Ed Gaddis

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2015

Strengths:    Comfortable, durable, shifts very well.

Weaknesses:    None that I perceive. Especially for the money.

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike about 5 yrs ago. I was not looking to spend a lot on a bike but also wanted something with quality. Given I am not a bike expert and was looking for a hybrid take to ride around town and on mild trails. I am in my mid 50's so was not going to be doing any extensive, rough, trail riding. I have ridden many, many miles in this time and have been very impressed with how well this bike functions, easily shifting. I could not be more please. Numerous 30+ trips each month. I am surprised that one person described if bought would be a grave mistake. I do not see how that could be possible. Most of these reviews are great. I guess every model of anything has a rare lemon so to speak. This bike has been fantastic for me.

Contests