Trek 7200 Hybrid Bike

4.2/5 (44 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Black Chrome/Silver, Blue/Dark Blue
Pedals: resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert Select

Submitted by Bowie815

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2016

Strengths:    Great upright fit, comfortable, never needed any shop servicing in 12 years, easy cruising on paved and gravel trails, great components.

Weaknesses:    A little heavy compared to current bikes.

Bottom Line:
Original owner from 2004. On long rides or daily commuting, just a great bike. Just like every bike, make sure you're fitted properly at a good dealer. Replaced the tires yesterday for the first time after 2000 miles. Took 30 minutes. Go to YouTube and EBay and save $50.00. First changes or adjustments of any type in 12 years. Would buy a Trek again and again. Ride on people. :-)))

Submitted by Ruben Bittermann

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2016

Strengths:    Sturdy, well built manual machine. Very comfotable and modular, provided you understand that when you buy any bicycle, you just buy the raw material to custmise your finnish.

Weaknesses:    HEAVY bicycle.

Bottom Line:
I bought this sample new some 7 years ago, and it is likely to be in use by me, at least another 8, or 9 years, when aging (now I am 61) may force me to buy a much lighter one, paying a lot of money.
I use bikes everyday for going to work, since 45 years ago. This one uphold a front wheel motor. I have exchanged the saddle some day, and disassembled the headset, on behalf of a short lasting concubine. Afterwards I owned an electric bicycle for some 8 months. till I realized that if I continue lazy I will die earlier. Back to the FX 7200, my headset needed a part or two I extracted some day in the past. I went to the city Trek branch (Natania, Israel), who look at me as a sort of paleo man, wanted I leave them the bicycle to update the full headset to the last cry of mode, or I buy a cheapo bike they offered me. Meaning I had a sort of trashy bike to get rid of. But from reading the internet, from my additional incursions into eBay, I knew these folks in Israel had no idea of the worldwide availability of older bikes, parts, youtube how to videos, etc. It took me to days of work to understand the job myself, and thus from the abovementioned folks I bought some parts. My fx is running again like a fly, and will do for years to come. Now all parts are at their mid age flourishing like a pair of used leather shoes. FX 7200 is the choice of my common sense.

Submitted by K. Byrd

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2016

Strengths:    Durable. Nothing breaks and I've never been stranded anywhere. I did have one accident, but fortunately my left hand, arm and leg protected the bike from getting scratched.

Weaknesses:    Maybe it's my weakness. I'm 5' 8"--the frame is a little tall for me. However, I do enjoy the high riding position.

Bottom Line:
I've added some accessories (bottle cages, trip computer, tool bag) but the mechanicals are pretty much stock. Very reliable, simple, easy to work on. I'm big on routine preventive maintenance. Bought it when I was 59 and now I'm 69. In the early years with this bike, I did maybe 30 miles a day, 62 on a Saturday. I've slowed down some but still get in some good rides in our East Texas boonies. When I tell my non bike friends what I have invested in it, their response is always the same "but I can buy a bike at WalMart for $99". Once they ride with me, they figure it out in a hurry.

Submitted by Mike Hayes

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2015

Strengths:    It was able to fit me like a glove. Comfort, Durability.

Weaknesses:    I really couldn't find a weakness. The brakes had to be adjusted more then usually.

Bottom Line:
This is the best bike I have ever had. I am 6'3" 225. Most bikes can't handle me. This one could and still had more room to play with.

Submitted by Andrew Martin

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2015

Strengths:    This is one tough bike. It is extremely durable and even though mine is regularly ridden and is nearing 8 years of age it still looks and rides like new.

Weaknesses:    The seat is too hard.

Bottom Line:
This is a perfect bike for the city, a bike that can easily cope with mounting gutters, potholes and gravel, but is light enough to be nimble and ridden with speed. This is easily the best bicycle I've owned.