Trek 7200 Hybrid Bike

4.22/5 (45 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Black Chrome/Silver, Blue/Dark Blue
Pedals: resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert Select

Submitted by Jesse Duffing

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2017

Strengths:    Durable, low maintenance, comfortable riding position

Weaknesses:    thin front tires that lose traction when wet or on gravel

Bottom Line:
I have had this bike for 10+ years, have ridden thousands of miles on it, have never had it tuned up (while I probably should), have pulled all 4 of my children with it over the years in several bike trailers, which the bike has outlasted. I currently ride it 4 or 5 times a week and go between 7 and 20 miles pulling my almost 3 year old daughter. She loves the long rides through the forest preserves near my home (paved trails). I am looking to get a new bike because while this bike is a work horse and has never failed me, I do get burned by all the guys on road bikes (when I am riding alone). I want something where I can keep up with the faster bikes when I ride by myself but have no plans to get rid of this bike for pulling my daughter. It still shifts great, brakes work great, and I have no issue riding up huge hills pulling a trailer. My one complaint would be that the frame only enough room for one water bottle but not really an issue as I just throw more water in the trailer :)

Purchased At:   United States

Submitted by Bowie815

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2016

Strengths:    Great upright fit, comfortable, never needed any shop servicing in 12 years, easy cruising on paved and gravel trails, great components.

Weaknesses:    A little heavy compared to current bikes.

Bottom Line:
Original owner from 2004. On long rides or daily commuting, just a great bike. Just like every bike, make sure you're fitted properly at a good dealer. Replaced the tires yesterday for the first time after 2000 miles. Took 30 minutes. Go to YouTube and EBay and save $50.00. First changes or adjustments of any type in 12 years. Would buy a Trek again and again. Ride on people. :-)))

Submitted by Ruben Bittermann

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2016

Strengths:    Sturdy, well built manual machine. Very comfotable and modular, provided you understand that when you buy any bicycle, you just buy the raw material to custmise your finnish.

Weaknesses:    HEAVY bicycle.

Bottom Line:
I bought this sample new some 7 years ago, and it is likely to be in use by me, at least another 8, or 9 years, when aging (now I am 61) may force me to buy a much lighter one, paying a lot of money.
I use bikes everyday for going to work, since 45 years ago. This one uphold a front wheel motor. I have exchanged the saddle some day, and disassembled the headset, on behalf of a short lasting concubine. Afterwards I owned an electric bicycle for some 8 months. till I realized that if I continue lazy I will die earlier. Back to the FX 7200, my headset needed a part or two I extracted some day in the past. I went to the city Trek branch (Natania, Israel), who look at me as a sort of paleo man, wanted I leave them the bicycle to update the full headset to the last cry of mode, or I buy a cheapo bike they offered me. Meaning I had a sort of trashy bike to get rid of. But from reading the internet, from my additional incursions into eBay, I knew these folks in Israel had no idea of the worldwide availability of older bikes, parts, youtube how to videos, etc. It took me to days of work to understand the job myself, and thus from the abovementioned folks I bought some parts. My fx is running again like a fly, and will do for years to come. Now all parts are at their mid age flourishing like a pair of used leather shoes. FX 7200 is the choice of my common sense.

Submitted by K. Byrd

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2016

Strengths:    Durable. Nothing breaks and I've never been stranded anywhere. I did have one accident, but fortunately my left hand, arm and leg protected the bike from getting scratched.

Weaknesses:    Maybe it's my weakness. I'm 5' 8"--the frame is a little tall for me. However, I do enjoy the high riding position.

Bottom Line:
I've added some accessories (bottle cages, trip computer, tool bag) but the mechanicals are pretty much stock. Very reliable, simple, easy to work on. I'm big on routine preventive maintenance. Bought it when I was 59 and now I'm 69. In the early years with this bike, I did maybe 30 miles a day, 62 on a Saturday. I've slowed down some but still get in some good rides in our East Texas boonies. When I tell my non bike friends what I have invested in it, their response is always the same "but I can buy a bike at WalMart for $99". Once they ride with me, they figure it out in a hurry.

Submitted by Mike Hayes

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2015

Strengths:    It was able to fit me like a glove. Comfort, Durability.

Weaknesses:    I really couldn't find a weakness. The brakes had to be adjusted more then usually.

Bottom Line:
This is the best bike I have ever had. I am 6'3" 225. Most bikes can't handle me. This one could and still had more room to play with.