Trek 7200 Hybrid Bike

4.15/5 (39 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Black Chrome/Silver, Blue/Dark Blue
Pedals: resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert Select

Submitted by Ken Hartley

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2015

Strengths:    Great Frame, Great Pedal Height, Tires and Rims easy to clean, wheels easy to remove, chain easy to lube, handle bars geometry good.

Weaknesses:    Hardware not rust proof

Bottom Line:
I have had my 7200 for about 10 years. It has been a good bicycle for me as I may ride it 3-5 days a week in summer time. It is not as fast as the light weight bikes that cost 10 time more but I like it and would buy another. The transmission is flawless, the tires get good mileage, and the factory seat isn't too bad. Maintenance for the bike is easy, cost for maintenance is reasonable.

Submitted by Ed Gaddis

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2015

Strengths:    Comfortable, durable, shifts very well.

Weaknesses:    None that I perceive. Especially for the money.

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike about 5 yrs ago. I was not looking to spend a lot on a bike but also wanted something with quality. Given I am not a bike expert and was looking for a hybrid take to ride around town and on mild trails. I am in my mid 50's so was not going to be doing any extensive, rough, trail riding. I have ridden many, many miles in this time and have been very impressed with how well this bike functions, easily shifting. I could not be more please. Numerous 30+ trips each month. I am surprised that one person described if bought would be a grave mistake. I do not see how that could be possible. Most of these reviews are great. I guess every model of anything has a rare lemon so to speak. This bike has been fantastic for me.

Submitted by stan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2013

Strengths:    Although the components are not super high end they
work great. The geometry is almost perfect. I've never
written a more comfortable bicycle. I love the 700 wheels.

Weaknesses:    The stem ,bars , and saddle our kind of hokey. In my opinion the down tube is a little too short .

Bottom Line:
I have been riding bicycle since 95. I currently own a
specialized allez which does me little good for around
town riding, very long distance, and pulling my son in
the trailer. So I bought this bike on Craigslist for $40 not
expecting much at all other than a disposable bike but I
don't really care about. I was absolutely blown away
when I got home. I couldn't be more happy with this bike.
Is exactly what I've been looking for for one bike that
does a little bit of everything. In my opinion anyone that
poo poos this bike doesn't know much about bicycling.
I intend on converting it to threadless with drop bars.
A better saddle and a whole bunch of racks and bags.

Submitted by Angry Rider a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2013

Strengths:    None, the frame sucks

Weaknesses:    Everything

Bottom Line:
To all who are reading this I have had this bike for many years and today I can no longer take it. I have somehow dealt with the bike's problems but I can take it no longer. First of all, thanks to the designer of this bike (who apparently has a mental disability) whenever there is even the least bit of water on the ground, for instance, if it is raining, has just rained, or when perhaps you ride over a small puddle, your entire backside gets covered in mud and soaked in water thanks to the lack of either front OR rear fenders. Secondly the tires have skidded and caused me to either have to abruptly stop or fall while riding multiple times. Thirdly the chain constantly slips when you pedal backwards to adjust your feet or change gears to quickly (which should not happen to a bike of around 400 dollars). In conclusion if you buy this bike you will be making a grave mistake.

Submitted by Kathy C.

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2013

Strengths:    Strong and dependable, good compromise between Road and Mountain bike.

Weaknesses:    It is heavier than a road bike and I get smoked by all the road bikes I encounter (plus they are a lot skinnier than me!) but they can't go in the woods like I can!

Bottom Line:
Strong and dependable, my bike is 10 years old, replacing a Schwinn Mirada Sport Mountain Bike. I ride for exercise on paved road and have taken my daughter off road on relatively groomed trails with no problems. I have ridden it over large gravel and I had to be very careful because the rocks grab the thinner tires but it handled well. Also handles off road hills well too- depending on your experience with off roading (and I am no trail hopper really but like to get messy every once in a while.) I have changed the seat, but that is more a personal choice. I tune it up every year and have had no issues with it. A nice multi-purpose bike for road or light trail riding.