Trek 7300 Hybrid Bike

4.11/5 (9 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", 25", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Dark Blue/Ball-Burnished, Green/Silver
Pedals: resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert HC

Submitted by Dan Vaughn

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2012

Strengths:    Lightweight

Weaknesses:    Trek has a lot to contend with in this bike. After 4 years of lightweight riding ( under 200 miles )this bike has fallen apart. The spokes have broken on the front and the back tires. The seat post has broken and does not function. Several parts have rusted out and the list goes on ands on.

Bottom Line:
I seriously would not recommend this bike to anyone. Trek has definitely a quality issue with this model. I have been buying bikes all my life and never have I experienced so many broken spokes and basic quality issues. I bought a Trek on good faith that they provide a good quality bike. I have owned several Treks in the past as well and I have never had a problem such as this one. I am 5'10 @ 190 on a 21" frame. This bike should handle me with ease...

Submitted by Jim Adair

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2012

Strengths:    Easy rolling, high quality materials, low maintenance, 24 speeds!

Weaknesses:    It's not a road bike, so you'll have to really peddle to keep up with a speedy road racer. But, who wants to do that?

Bottom Line:
In 2010, I needed to replace my 20-year old Specialized Hybrid and found the 7300. At 6-2 and 200 pounds, I was looking for a sturdy ride that wouldn't kill my aching back or neck. This bike has been fantastic! I've put 3,000 miles, including 2 RAGBRAI'S, on this bike and haven't needed to change a tire or do much maintenance to it at all. I highly recommend it for someone that wants a comfortable ride with the capability to move down the road quickly when needed.

Submitted by Mark Waxman a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2008

Strengths:    Quality. Comfort. Easy to ride. Nice seating position. Comfortable seat.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Mine is actually a 2008 model. This is fun, easy to ride, well built. As a new rider I've put a bit over 200 miles on it in the past month and a half. I've worked from 4 to 10 miles every day and its been a blast on the Trek 7300. I've had four heart attacks and have an implanted defibrillator and needed a low impact way to exercise that was fun.

Favorite Ride:   Trek 7300

Purchased At:   B & K Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   I tried a number of models and was fitted by the retailer when purchasing.

Bike Setup:   Standard equipment. Added front and rear flashing lights, two water bottle cages, a trip computer, seat pack as well as a cellphone holder, and a tire pump. Upgraded pedals to Forte clips (match biking shoes).

Submitted by Dennis Hildreth a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2007

Strengths:    Reliability, tires, fun to ride

Weaknesses:    Heavy, ride is a little harsh typical of an aluminum bike

Bottom Line:
This is a solid, back to biking bicycle. Quality equipment, Good tires. Fun to ride. Easy to ride. Not twitchy at all.
Ride is a little harsh even with the front shock and suspension seat. Basically a good quality bike to get some excercise and see the sights.

Favorite Ride:   right now my Trek

Purchased At:   Bike Gallery Portlan

Similar Products Used:   first bike since the Romans took Gaul.

Bike Setup:   Stock except for a flat bar added to help beat the wind a bit

Submitted by john lai a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2007

Bottom Line:
This bicycle shop had on staff someone who read my requirements like a book and after speed reading my pros and cons, recommended the Trek 7300. I'm very happy with the books ending.

I had been thinking about returning to bicycling for a few years now, cholestrol, blood pressure, etc, but could not figure what to get. Then while my wife was browsing a closeout sale in a jewelry store next door, I wandered into this bicycle shop. Again a hundred or more bikes there on the rack, all the reasons I could'nt decide before. But for this time a saleperson spent on an otherwise unlikely looking purchaser, my situation was reversed by a couple words. "Youre looking for a comfort hybrid, wheels that work better for road than off road, flat bar and suspension for comfort and gearing for efficiency." Sounded right.
The trek has lived up to those promises.
I like that darn blue finish as well.

Favorite Ride:   north little rock

Purchased At:   Arkansas Cycling and

Similar Products Used:   previous bike was road bike from 20 plus year ago, Centurian with Shimano 500 groppo.

Janis Allegro 2 vs. Giant Rapid Fire 3 vs. Specialized Sirrus Sport vs. Trek 7300

I am a beginner but in shape. 6 foor, 190 pounds. Athletic. I want to buy a bike for exercise at the beach - roads are mostly flat, but there are some fine gravel patches. Only doing road biking - but for exercise, not speed. Plan on doing 10-20 miles once or twice per week during the summer. Want b ... Read More »

Am I insane to think of attempting Ragbrai on a hybrid Trek 7300?

I'm comfortable on it, and all, but I'm not exactly Lance Armstrong, and will I just be so far behind everyone it won't be fun? How much speed difference in MPH would a $1200 road bike make for a fat middle-aged man in decent cardio condition?Read More »

Trek 7300 Vs. Gary Fisher Nirvana

I am new to biking and narrowed down my choice to Trek 7300 or Gary Fisher Nirvana. Any ideas about the pros and cons of each one of them? ThanksRead More »

Trek 7300 V. 7300FX

I'm back! OK, I've literally narrowed my choices down to two models (not counting of course, my dreamy cruiser). The description of the FX on the website says "Great for fitness workouts and training rides," and the normal hybrid "From bike lanes to bike paths and everything in between." I don't kno ... Read More »