Trek 7300 Hybrid Bike

4.17/5 (12 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", 25", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Dark Blue/Ball-Burnished, Green/Silver
Pedals: resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert HC

Submitted by archive69@verizon.net

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2016

Strengths:    Handles uneven road surfaces well. Comfortable to ride. Corners well at high speed. Three front sprockets gives you plenty of peddling space.

Weaknesses:    Can't compete with performance of a true road bike.

Bottom Line:
I had this bike since 1997. The cables and front derailleur did rust out but I attributed that to wear and tear. If you can work the gears effectively and it's an easy ride on rolling hills. I am keeping this bike but I want to upgrade to an Emonda for more precision performance on the road given the peddling effort.

Favorite Ride:   Rolling hils

Purchased At:   Out of business

Similar Products Used:   Trek mountain bike

Bike Setup:   24 gears

Submitted by Thaddeus Deus

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2016

Strengths:    Light weight. Durable. Shimano derailleur, good quality.

Weaknesses:    Narrow tires not good for transit streetcar tracks.
Not good for heavy duty off road mountain biking.

Bottom Line:
Decent light weight, good quality. But only reasonably good for town and off road.
Wary of street car tracks. And not equipped for back trails. Needs wider and heavy treads.

Submitted by Jim

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2015

Strengths:    Durable bike, very comfortable to ride.

Weaknesses:    Original twist shifters

Bottom Line:
I have owned two of these 7300s. Four if you count the wife's bikes too. No real trouble out of any of them (the original two were donated to our daughter and son in law). All 4 are still in use today. I replaced the original twist shifters with SRAM paddle shifters and have never looked back. I am a road bike rider and I use this for training. I do this simply because, the bike is a bit heavier than a road bike and the ride position provides a bit for wind resistance than the posture on a road bike. That means, you have to push a bit harder. That said, the bike performs very well for the price paid and I could not be happier. It fits my needs better than anticipated. Overall, I think this is a great product at a great price.

Submitted by Dan Vaughn

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2012

Strengths:    Lightweight

Weaknesses:    Trek has a lot to contend with in this bike. After 4 years of lightweight riding ( under 200 miles )this bike has fallen apart. The spokes have broken on the front and the back tires. The seat post has broken and does not function. Several parts have rusted out and the list goes on ands on.

Bottom Line:
I seriously would not recommend this bike to anyone. Trek has definitely a quality issue with this model. I have been buying bikes all my life and never have I experienced so many broken spokes and basic quality issues. I bought a Trek on good faith that they provide a good quality bike. I have owned several Treks in the past as well and I have never had a problem such as this one. I am 5'10 @ 190 on a 21" frame. This bike should handle me with ease...

Submitted by Jim Adair

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2012

Strengths:    Easy rolling, high quality materials, low maintenance, 24 speeds!

Weaknesses:    It's not a road bike, so you'll have to really peddle to keep up with a speedy road racer. But, who wants to do that?

Bottom Line:
In 2010, I needed to replace my 20-year old Specialized Hybrid and found the 7300. At 6-2 and 200 pounds, I was looking for a sturdy ride that wouldn't kill my aching back or neck. This bike has been fantastic! I've put 3,000 miles, including 2 RAGBRAI'S, on this bike and haven't needed to change a tire or do much maintenance to it at all. I highly recommend it for someone that wants a comfortable ride with the capability to move down the road quickly when needed.