Trek 7300 Hybrid Bike

4.2/5 (10 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", 25", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Dark Blue/Ball-Burnished, Green/Silver
Pedals: resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert HC

Submitted by Jim

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2015

Strengths:    Durable bike, very comfortable to ride.

Weaknesses:    Original twist shifters

Bottom Line:
I have owned two of these 7300s. Four if you count the wife's bikes too. No real trouble out of any of them (the original two were donated to our daughter and son in law). All 4 are still in use today. I replaced the original twist shifters with SRAM paddle shifters and have never looked back. I am a road bike rider and I use this for training. I do this simply because, the bike is a bit heavier than a road bike and the ride position provides a bit for wind resistance than the posture on a road bike. That means, you have to push a bit harder. That said, the bike performs very well for the price paid and I could not be happier. It fits my needs better than anticipated. Overall, I think this is a great product at a great price.

Submitted by Dan Vaughn

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2012

Strengths:    Lightweight

Weaknesses:    Trek has a lot to contend with in this bike. After 4 years of lightweight riding ( under 200 miles )this bike has fallen apart. The spokes have broken on the front and the back tires. The seat post has broken and does not function. Several parts have rusted out and the list goes on ands on.

Bottom Line:
I seriously would not recommend this bike to anyone. Trek has definitely a quality issue with this model. I have been buying bikes all my life and never have I experienced so many broken spokes and basic quality issues. I bought a Trek on good faith that they provide a good quality bike. I have owned several Treks in the past as well and I have never had a problem such as this one. I am 5'10 @ 190 on a 21" frame. This bike should handle me with ease...

Submitted by Jim Adair

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2012

Strengths:    Easy rolling, high quality materials, low maintenance, 24 speeds!

Weaknesses:    It's not a road bike, so you'll have to really peddle to keep up with a speedy road racer. But, who wants to do that?

Bottom Line:
In 2010, I needed to replace my 20-year old Specialized Hybrid and found the 7300. At 6-2 and 200 pounds, I was looking for a sturdy ride that wouldn't kill my aching back or neck. This bike has been fantastic! I've put 3,000 miles, including 2 RAGBRAI'S, on this bike and haven't needed to change a tire or do much maintenance to it at all. I highly recommend it for someone that wants a comfortable ride with the capability to move down the road quickly when needed.

Submitted by Mark Waxman a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2008

Strengths:    Quality. Comfort. Easy to ride. Nice seating position. Comfortable seat.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Mine is actually a 2008 model. This is fun, easy to ride, well built. As a new rider I've put a bit over 200 miles on it in the past month and a half. I've worked from 4 to 10 miles every day and its been a blast on the Trek 7300. I've had four heart attacks and have an implanted defibrillator and needed a low impact way to exercise that was fun.

Favorite Ride:   Trek 7300

Purchased At:   B & K Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   I tried a number of models and was fitted by the retailer when purchasing.

Bike Setup:   Standard equipment. Added front and rear flashing lights, two water bottle cages, a trip computer, seat pack as well as a cellphone holder, and a tire pump. Upgraded pedals to Forte clips (match biking shoes).

Submitted by Dennis Hildreth a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2007

Strengths:    Reliability, tires, fun to ride

Weaknesses:    Heavy, ride is a little harsh typical of an aluminum bike

Bottom Line:
This is a solid, back to biking bicycle. Quality equipment, Good tires. Fun to ride. Easy to ride. Not twitchy at all.
Ride is a little harsh even with the front shock and suspension seat. Basically a good quality bike to get some excercise and see the sights.

Favorite Ride:   right now my Trek

Purchased At:   Bike Gallery Portlan

Similar Products Used:   first bike since the Romans took Gaul.

Bike Setup:   Stock except for a flat bar added to help beat the wind a bit