Trek 7700 FX Hybrid Bike

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5"
Colors: Dark Blue/Brushed
Pedals: Shimano PD-M520 SPD
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Select

Submitted by ROBERT STRICKLER a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2011

Strengths:    solid, reliable,light,quick for a hi-bred. A friendly ride.

Weaknesses:    Not as fast as a road bike, not a true off road bike, something different well made,and very useful.

Bottom Line:
Top notch ride. Served me very well for 8 years until it was robbed last month. used for commuting 20 miles per day,around 3 x per wk + weekend riding both self and supported rides . very sorry to see it go. I was surprised how often I would select it over my more expensive faster and sexier road bike.

Favorite Ride:   Jededah Smith bike trail

Purchased At:   CITY BICYCLE WORKS

Submitted by sctt a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2007

Strengths:    fame becuse i get by 2 cars with it

Weaknesses:    0

Favorite Ride:   ironman-100

Purchased At:   maple grove

Similar Products Used:   7500 fx

Submitted by stevelee67 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2005

Strengths:    It's a bloody workhorse
Coasts like a dream

Weaknesses:    The wait
Wish it were a little lighter
Should have come stock with a carbon fork - the 2005 does

Bottom Line:
I had to wait a long time for this bike - ordered it in early April 2004, and didn't get it until mid-June. I guess Trek was having component problems.

I also wanted a few customizations to it -
a) carbon fork for weight and ride
b) more roadie tires (almost went for a mid-range wheel set, but my budget didn't allow for it).

I'm a bike commuter - most of my mileage is between work and home or to the grocery store. This bike has survived a few crashes, 50# loads of groceries, and all 225# of me on an almost daily basis.

This bike is supposedly targeted at a more fitness oriented rider. That's really not me. I'm a practical rider. And this bike combines enough practicality along with more 'roadie' components and weight (around 25# with the carbon fork) to make me happy.

It is a pleasure to ride. The carbon fork that I added completely changes the feel of the ride. And the bike itself doesn't wear me out - partly because my shoulders don't hurt after a longer ride anymore - and partly because it just seems to take less effort to move it than some bikes I've ridden.

This bike is not a Madone 5.9, but it's not supposed to be. It's meant to be a bike to get you from point A to point B as well as let you get some pleasure rides in. This is the bike you take to work or get groceries on. And its a bike that you can use for general, day to day pleasure cruising.

I love this bike. It isn't a 5 star bike (if it were about $100 cheaper it might be) but its as close as it gets w/o going to a full carbon road bike.

Favorite Ride:   bear creek trail - platte trail