Trek Navigator 200 Hybrid Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 70.5 head, 72.5 seat
Sizes: 14.5", 16.5", 18.5", 21", womens 14.5", womens 16.5", womens 18.5"
Colors: Blue/Gold, Red/Gray
Pedals: resin
Tires: 26 x 1.95" Bontrager Comfort HC

Submitted by Dorris Kelley a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2007

Strengths:    Wide Gear Range, Large wheels and tires, upright seatting posision for comfort and price.

Weaknesses:    Upright seating causes more wind drag.

Bottom Line:
I have only recently started riding. The Navigator 2.0 I believe is the same model as the 200 just a year newer. I love this bike! It was recommended by the owner of Bikes and Moore in Hopkinsville Ky. It does every thing I want and more. In low gear you have to pedal almost vigorously to keep from falling over. In high gear on level surface I can easily pedal 16mph. On my rides of between 15 and 20 miles I avg around 13mph. The bike is strong when I started riding I weighted over 300lb “yes I am a pretty big guy” the bike is comfortable, easy to ride and when riding with friends who ride road bikes I can, with some effort keep up. The price is right for a starter bike and no problems yet.

Favorite Ride:   Trek Navigator 2.0

Purchased At:   Bikes & Moore

Similar Products Used:   None

Submitted by GinaK a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2005

Strengths:    Sturdy, stable, good for casual and fitness riding, can go on- and limited off-road (flat packed dirt), upright riding position, good shock absorption

Weaknesses:    Limited speed performance.

Bottom Line:
I haven't been riding for over ten years and decided to get back into biking for fitness and weight loss. I was looking for an easy-riding bike that could get my heart rate up when I use a heart monitor. After looking, I picked this bike out at my local bike store because of the upright riding position, front and rear shock absorption and tires able to go on pavement as well as off-road. I have used the bike for 6 months, riding about 20 - 40 miles per week, and really love it. This bike is not a speedster by any means, maxes out for me at about 10 mph, but gets my heart rate up to 65-80% of max and I've lost 10 lbs. It is sturdy, stable on packed dirt trails and shifting is more than adequate. After putting a rear rack on with bag, I have taken my camera along and the upright riding position lets me scan to pick out places to take photos of the scenery. I really think that I have gotten my money's worth out of this one. Only problem I have had is that it needed a rear derailleur adjustment after the first month when I brought it in for the check up. Great way to get back into biking.