Argon 18 Gallium Pro Road Bike

Optimal balance is Argon 18's design and fabrication philosophy and the pinnacle of that philosophy is achieved with the Gallium Pro, official bike of pro team Team SpiderTech.

Submitted by David

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2014

Strengths:    light, stiff, responsive, nimble handling, FAST when sprinting and climbing & great all-round bikes

Weaknesses:    BB86 pressfit is an uncommon parts, need 2-days to search for it

Bottom Line:
this bike suits for those who craved for sprint finish, stable rides, nimble handling and FAST cornering
i've tried some other bikes like FP, specialized venge or Dogma. Those are great bikes too, but argon was something else...the brand may be uncommon, or when some people asking you "hey what bike do you owned? argon? what kind of bike is it? is it a new brand?"
but after endurance ride 110km in 2hours 55minutes, sprinting above 55kmh, or climbing at 8-14% elevation then they start to talk differently..
THIS bike is a wonderful choice, comfortable yet stiff, nimble yet fast...what should i said here...well let's say this bike is WELL-BALANCED

Submitted by John H a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2013

Strengths:    Light, comfortable, responsive. Great looks.

Weaknesses:    None yet. Once you set up the 3D headtube and dial in the fit, this bike rocks.

Bottom Line:
I have a 2010 Gallium and now a 2013 Gallium Pro. The Pro is lighter, stiffer and overall crisper handling than the Gallium. The ride remains supple and yet fast. This is definately a race-ready bike and excels at descending as well as climbing. Like the 2010 Gallium, the bike descends with confidence and stability at speeds of about 50mph. I only have 400 miles on the new bike, so 50mph has been the max so far. (and that's plenty for me...)
The bike is also comfortable on rides that extend beyond a couple hours. I have not experienced any pain in switching bikes.
Overall, I am very pleased with this bike.

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist.com

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Roubaix
Argon18 Gallium

Bike Setup:   2013 Gallium Pro
DA9000 11-Spd Kit (compact crankset, 11-25 cassette)
Easton EA90-SLX and Shimano Dura Ace C24 wheels.
Schwalbe Ultremo ZX tires

Submitted by George a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2012

Strengths:    Rigid, quick, stable, yet has a great ride quality, alomost a susspended feel.

Bottom Line:
I've owned 2 Scott's a DBR and a Specialized SL3, none of which come close to the Argon 18 !
The only bike I've ridden as good as the Galium Pro is my friends Dogma. That's saying a lot !
I love this bike ! I will buy it again and again ! Get one you will not be disapointed !

Similar Products Used:   Scott CR1, Specialized SL3, Pinarello Dogma

Bike Setup:   Sram red shifting, FSA K-Force crank/ bar/stem, Ciamillo brakes, Fulcrum racing zero wheels, Selle italia carbone seat, Mavic Ti pedals

Submitted by Bill S a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2012

Strengths:    RIde quality, comfort, stiffness, weight. This thing is light, fast and comfortable enough for me to ride all day. The 2013 matte black/red color scheme is hot!

Bottom Line:
My Argon 18 is actually a 2013 model, but the site does not let me indicate that yet. I just got this bike, so I have not put tons of miles on it yet. But compared it already blows away others I have ridden - I was honestly blow away on the first ride. I am a larger rider - 6'2"/210lbs (muscular - not fat, but not light). It is a challenge to find a frame that does not feel like a noodle. The CAAD 10 is stiff and surprisingly comfortable, but this is better. It is as stiff as my NeipPryde (which tends to beat me up on long rides), but as comfortable as the CAAD 10. Honestly, it is the best of those two bikes. (FYI, for comparison purposes, both of those bikes were ridden with SRAM Red (older style) and the same wheels)

The big surprise for me was the weight. I gave up "lightweight" in favor of stiffness some time ago. I built this up with the HED Ardennes wheels for that reason. It comes in at just under 16 pounds - AMAZING for a 60 cm frame that is not spaghetti when you ride it! The low weight and stiffness mean that it climbs and accelerates like a rocket. The "Horizontal Dual System" that they talk about really does mean that the bike is comfortable. I can't say what it rides like for a 160 pound racer, but for a "stallion" or "clydesdale",this bike is definitely worth a close look.

Favorite Ride:   GranFondo's