Home | Reviews | Road Bike | BH

BH Prisma Road Bike

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

• Store Price

The BH Prisma is packed with some of the latest and greatest cycling technologies on the market. Designed to be a true all around bike, the BH Prisma uses cutting edge cycling tech like a Press fit BB30 bottom bracket that allows the Prism...

Submitted by johnny ramos a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2014

Strengths:    super great,light bike,great price and make the diference on my street

Weaknesses:    nothings

Bottom Line:
the better bike that I have,great look,comfort,complety that I want

Favorite Ride:   street free

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   cubi bike san juan p

Bike Setup:   for racing street

Submitted by Matheus Moura

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2012

Strengths:    Very light and stiff. Really.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I bought a BH Prisma 2011 model some weeks ago and I am still amazed. I'm riding it with full Campagnolo Athena and Campagnolo Vento Reaction wheels. The Prisma is far from being the most expensive bike from BH but still very stiff, light, responsive and climbs like a goat! I'm really happy with this bike so far and I'd definitely buy it again. :)

Submitted by Wrenchester a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2012

Strengths:    Latest tech: BB30, tapered steerer, carbon dropouts. KILLER looks! Tall head tube without the typical dorky look of 20mm of head tube above the top tube.

Weaknesses:    My BH Prisma is the Brit-specced 7.8 Ultegra version (purchased from Wiggle), and the bar, stem, and seatpost are "Titan," a brand unknown to me, but they seem pretty plebeian compared to the excellent Ultegra shift system and brakes. The FSA Gossamer crank also seems kinda low-end by comparison. The Shimano RS10 wheels seem very high quality and look great, but are on the heavy side.

Bottom Line:
This is my first-ever carbon-framed bike, and only my 2nd road bike since returning to road riding after a 20-year hiatus. The bike this is replacing is a massively-upgraded Trek 1500, and the BH has really taken some getting-used-to. The biggest difference (and the one that nearly did me in) is the steering. The Trek's steering is slow and steady--you have to lead the bike around corners. By contrast I would describe the steering on the BH as "eager"--you just THINK about cornering, and the bike is already halfway around the bend!

Favorite Ride:   Verdi Loop

Price Paid:    $2006.00

Purchased At:   Wiggle.com

Similar Products Used:   Massively-upgraded Trek 1500

Bike Setup:   I swapped some of my favorite parts from the old Trek onto the Prisma: American Classic Sprint 350 wheels, Syntace Racelite carbon handlebar, FSA OS-99 stem, Selle Italia SLR saddle. With a SRAM Red 11-23 cassette and the stock 50-34 compact crank I get a higher high and a lower low than I got with the Dura Ace 12-25 cassette and 53-39 crank on the Trek.

Submitted by Randy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2011

Strengths:    Good mix of stiffness and comfort, great looking paint. BB30 and tapered fork, Ultegra group inc brakes. Great build and packaging by Wiggle

Weaknesses:    house brand stem, bar and seatpost, Shimano RS10 wheelset, Rubena tires, FSA Gossamer bb30 crank

Bottom Line:
great deal on closeout from Wiggle.com in the UK, $100 to ship to the US. This is for the Prism 7.8 with Ultegra. Not as nicely spec'd as the US version, but a great deal.

Favorite Ride:   Gulf Blvd