Bianchi Eros Donna Road Bike

Pedals: Victor VP-109
Tires: 700 x 25c Continental Sport 1000

Submitted by leighton a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2009

Strengths:    haven't had to replace anything yet - all stock. lovely color that isn't obnoxious.

Bottom Line:
absolutely love it for steep mountain climbs or an average day out in the hills; haven't had any real issues or even a flat... kind of unbelievable considering the miles and terrain I have encountered along the way, etc -- has a stable ride downhill at 1000 elevation drop in a three mile section which I usually warm up with. I am a female/trail runner (5'3 106lbs) whom had the local guys tweak my frame as much as possible to fit me. currently living in the highgrade/pleasant park area of colorado, which is an incredible ride in itself near deer creek canyon. definitely recommend for my body type. btw; most would suggest a carbon frame etc yet for peace of mind I am rather attached to a solid frame.

Favorite Ride:   colorado mountains

Submitted by Doggity a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2006

Strengths:    Well put together, with a higher level of componentry than one often gets, at this price.

Weaknesses:    Slightly heavy. Crankset a bit cheap. It'll do.

Bottom Line:
This review is actually for the 2006, which comes in 'Bleached Celeste'. It's a very pretty bike,well put together. Got the 47cm frame size for my wife, and it fits her like a glove. The Campagnolo derailleurs shift very cleanly and decisively; my wife reports it is a very comfortable bike to ride. The Aksium wheels are a pleasant surprise, at this pricepoint. The ONLY thing that looks a little cheapo on this bike is the Sugino crankset, but there have been no probs with it. The bike is a little heavy for its size, but there's your comfort. Speaking of comfort, she even LIKES the stock saddle! We looked at the Specialized Dolce as well, another 'chick specific' bike, but this one is just a whole magnitude better, as far as its level of componentry, and ride quality.
My wife can already outclimb me with this bike, and once she gets to where she's not scared to open it up, she'll probably drop me out the back on the straightaways as well. So, if you're a woman looking for a ride that's not just a downsized man's bike, CHECK THIS BIKE OUT! There are not too many bikes built from the ground up for short women, and this one's worth a second look. The only reason I'm rating it a 4 is you have to give room for some of the higher end women's bikes, like the Specialized Ruby.
But this one gives you a whole lot for your money, which is why it gets a 5 for value.

Favorite Ride:   Any one I come back from....

Similar Products Used:   Looked at the Specialized Dolce and extra small Sequoia. There was no getting my wife off this bike, once she got on it. Not even close.

Bike Setup:   All stock, except addition of CatEye Astrale 8. It doesn't need anything else.

Eros Donna not worth upgrading?

Hey went to an LBS today to look at this bike and the Veloce. He basically said that if I wanted the Eros Donna that's fine but it's not really worth upgrading since it's just a medium level steel bike. While I appreciate his cador and tryign to save me some bucks.. I question whether this is tr ... Read More »