Bianchi Freccia Celeste HC Road Bike

4.86/5 (7 Reviews)

Freccia Celeste - The legendary Bianchi motorcycle used by the fabulous Tazio Nuvolari.

A unique frame of a new generation made with Hydroforming technology. The 7000 series aluminium, alloyed with Zn-Mg-Cu, permits a high mechanical strength (tensile strength 450N/mm2) combined with a greater elongation, allowing tube manipulation through high pressure techniques.

Submitted by wawaski a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2011

Strengths:    absorbs road shock great !

Weaknesses:    none so far...

Bottom Line:
Wow...after 30 miles, all I can say is "wow"! I have had a Giant, Cannondale six-13, Fuji and currently a LOOK 566. This bike is hands down the best ride I have ever had! I'm surrounded by chip seal roads, and this bike smooths out the road like no other!

Favorite Ride:   Tailwind!

Purchased At:   on line

Similar Products Used:   Giant/Look/F. Moser/Fuji/Cannondale.

Bike Setup:   Campy Chorus

Submitted by Chris a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2009

Strengths:    Speed, Rigidity, Climbability

Weaknesses:    Has to be cleaned a lot, wife/mum knows you spent a lot on it... I have had some lettering come off though

Bottom Line:
Amazing bike, great feel.
I am 13 and have to wait for my dad coz its so fast!!!

Favorite Ride:   Wales somewhere

Purchased At:   Corridori cycle spor

Similar Products Used:   Bianchi socks,

Bike Setup:   SRAM Force groupset, mavic ksyrium wheels, de rosa carbon post, token pyrotec carbon saddle, some random bars found in the garage

Submitted by Bobbit a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2009

Strengths:    Comfort, Zooms like a spear,Excellent & classic celeste paint job. Of course, Made in Italy

Weaknesses:    None that I have noticed

Bottom Line:
Had a steal with the slightly used Bianchi FC frame while no one was looking. Realized Had a better deal after assembly & riding it.
Rode Colnago steel before so this was my 1st aluminum frame. Not the lightest but feels light. Comfortable ride too

Purchased At:   EBAY

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   Ultegra 10, FSA SLX compact cranks, Mavic Ksyrium SL Premium, Fizik Arione, Profile design wing type handlebar,

Submitted by Alex a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2007

Strengths:    Stiffness. Power transfer. Climbing.

Weaknesses:    The stiffness and rigidity of the frame may not be what some people are looking for.

Bottom Line:
This bike is great. While it's not the lightest frame out there (about 3.2 pounds frame and fork). However, the bike rides incredibly "light". It's a very direct bike in that the second you put a tiny bit of force behind the pedals you're launched forward. It climbs better than any bike I've ever ridden. I like the ride a bit more than I like the ride of my dad's Orbea Orca (Which climbs like a beast in its own right).

Favorite Ride:   Climbing

Purchased At:   RAcycles.com

Similar Products Used:   Bianchi Veloce, Orbea Orca, Scott CR1, Specialiez Tarmac

Bike Setup:   Bianchi Freccia Celeste frame and fork (in liquigas paint scheme). ITM K-Sword handlebars. ITM carbo stem. ITM Millenium carbon seatpost. Fizik Arione saddle. Campy Chorus gruppo. TIME RXS Carbo pedals.

Submitted by drvideo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2007

Strengths:    Buy one if you can still find one. You will have no regrets.
Super Fast, Stiff where it needs to be, and Comfortable for the long haul.
Pretty enough even your wife will notice it...

Weaknesses:    Bianchi stopped making it, Too Pretty to ride in the rain.
Pretty enough your wife will notice it...

Bottom Line:
I had the opportunity to pick up this bike at a price that still has me checking over my shoulder.
This is by far one of the most incredible bikes I have thrown a leg over. I used to despise Aluminum bikes after selling my last Cannondale. And I must say that this bike embodies all that is good about Aluminum, with none of the annoying buzzing,rattling drawbacks. I can ride it all day long, It is the fastest bike I own, (I have 7 other road bikes). And it carries speed like no other.
This bike is ABSOLUTLEY beautiful ( I have the Extreme Celeste version)It gets compliments anywhere we go.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere Anytime

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   I currently have in my Quiver... Bianchi Ti-Mega tube, Bianchi EV Boron, Bianchi 928 Carbon, Lemond Victorie Ti/Carbon Spine bike, Lemond Malloit Juane Steel/Carbon spine, Lemond Zurich 853 Steel, and a Lemond Tete de Course Full Ti.

Bike Setup:   Full Carbon Record 10 Group, FSA K-Force Cranks, ITM K-Sword Wing Bars with matching Stem, Campy Eurus Wheelset, Vittoria open pro's. Fizik saddle.

2005 Freccia Celeste HC?

I was at my local Bianchi RCD last night and he showed me a 2005 Freccia Celeste HC frameset - it is the COOLEST BIANCHI FRAME THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN! (sweeter than my old Mega PRO-XL with Pantani's '99 Giro YellowOrange to Celeste paint job) The depth and sparkle of the Celeste Green paint job was a ... Read More »