Bianchi Giro Triple Road Bike

Pedals: WTB MP350
Tires: 700 x 23c Vittoria Rubino Tech

Submitted by Ray Rackley a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2012

Strengths:    speed,smooth ride,30 speeds effortless shifting.really does feel like your riding a cloud.

Weaknesses:    only that it dosent have fenders

Bottom Line:
Pure road bike.... this is a addictive ride,the first test ride led me uphill for five mi.3 of them on a gravel road. then a down hill ride that broke my record by 8 mph @ 53mph(Specalized w/front susp.700 wheels) I went through the tiny town of Drain Oregon,@ an ave.speed of 18mph and made a round trip of 15+ miles in less than a half of an hour. anyway everything is smooth 30 speeds that blend silently.hard to ride other bikes after you get giroed.........

Favorite Ride:   the first

Purchased At:   eugene or.

Similar Products Used:   none compare

Bike Setup:   shimano 105 componants,30 speeds.

Submitted by Robert a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2010

Strengths:    Fast, solid, very little road vibration.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike second hand from someone on craigslist who rarely ever rode it. It was in near mint condition when I got it and was like new. This is truely a great road bike with a nice component group. Before I bought a Bianchi Giro I had an all-alumninum commuter boke that picked up way too much road vibration. The Bianchi Giro was a great fit for me because of the carbon fork and seatstays. I can now easily do 30-50 mile rides without getting pains in my wrists.

As for the bike, I find it to be very fast and smooth and can take whatever you throw at it. I have no complaints.

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   If I didn't buy the Bianchi Giro I would have bought a newer version of this bike or I would have bought a Cannondale Synapse. I think Bianchi offers a great frame and they offer better component groups. No upgrades are needed for recreational riding.

Submitted by kukulpuka a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2008

Weaknesses:    Paint Chips

Bottom Line:
I bought this Bianchi giro Yellow bike. Great bike for the price I paid for Shimano 105 is very placed. The only issue is the Yellow paint chips. I'am looking for a tuch-up pain. anyone knows the PMS for this colour?. I need to find the tuch-up paint for this. Please assist. U can email me at sharnaz@hotmail.com

Favorite Ride:   Road

Submitted by AP a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2007

Strengths:    For the standart model from factory, with Shimano 105 tripple, I found that it was GREAT compare to last 10 years that I used 105cs. The new technology and design of today 's shimano is almost perfect(Though today I change to Campy, but still know the benefit of Shimano). I want to specific on the frame which convinced me to get this bike. It is a nice frame in this price. A littple bit below that 1885RC and better than Via Nirone gives a great choice for me. The best thing is it comes with the HOC geometry. If you are a Bianchisti, the HOC is the TOP CLASS GEOMETRY. With this two strengths, there 're no compettitive. It 's stiff, fast and light if you not compare it to 928 L !! Great downhill, great cruising on 40+ km/hr.

Weaknesses:    After riding on this frame for almost 5000km, I 'm going to chang it to FG-Lite. Giro is stiff and light, but if you need to race with other great frame such as Tarmac, Madone, Colnago, Cervelo ,ect, especially on the moutain, you will feel the weakness of this frame. Yeah, the weight is too much for climbing fast. It may gives you the feeling of stiffness when you stand on pedals, but when you sit on the saddle and try to climb fast, sometimes I feel really hard to spin smoothly. If you are a sprinter, this frame will pull you back when the others attack you. This bike is a great pack for race-entry-level, if you want to keep with the group by drating behind, is 's find. But if you want to be in the front, charge on hills and sprint for the points, this frame can be your training bike!!

Bottom Line:
First of all, I 'm from Thailand but I got and ride this bike in USA for half a year before I return home and keep riding for almost half a year on my first serious road bike. After 300km, I changed all the groupo to Campy CHORUS. Then, after 4000km, I got the Token high-profile carbon wheleset w/ clincher tires.

Favorite Ride:   racing

Look Keo Classic
8.3-8.5 kg without bottle

Submitted by rene_sc a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2007

Strengths:    Stiff frame, responds well to hammering. Hills and descents are easily handled by this bike. Got lots of comments on its clean looks. (I have the yellow/black color) (This was the best bike by far in its price range, I got it ~550 off MSRP in end of year sale) ^^The price listed includes tax.

Weaknesses:    Paint chips easily, seat post mechanism.

Bottom Line:
This is my first road bike. I've test rode a few others (giant, trek) but I fell in love with this bike instantly. It accelerates like a bullet underneath you, and on descents it rides like its on rails. I appreciate the triple because there are lots of hills where I live, and I'm not super strong yet. The 105 components are more than sufficient for me, they shift flawlessly and almost silently. My only real problem is with the seat/seatpost. The mechanism which controls the angle of the seat is a ratchet. I guess the screw wasn't tight enough so the ratchet mechanism wore out pretty fast, and it makes a clicking noise with any weight distribution change. I think it could have been prevented though.

Favorite Ride:   Anything with hills