Bianchi Infinito Road Bike

Bianchi Infinito(0x2360baa8)

Submitted by jaggrin a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2014

Strengths:    fit, comfort, color, ride quality

Weaknesses:    weight

Bottom Line:
This review is for a 2013 Infinito Ultegra. Bought stock except upgraded to Fulcrum Quattro wheelset. I feel that the fit from Lynn at Gran Fondo was spot on and as such I can ride the Infinito all day with no discomfort. Bike handles well for an endurance design and the with the celeste/white paint job I get a lot of compliments what a pretty bike I have. I think I can easily reduce the bike weight with a set of wheels weighing around 1450 grams. Other than that the stock components are great and I think the bike was a great value. They redesigned the Infinito in 2014 and I believe they are all BB30 where as I have an english threaded BB.

Favorite Ride:   anywhere out of Rockmart

Purchased At:   Gran Fondo

Submitted by erosroadie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2014

Strengths:    Buttery smooth, yet efficient, ride. Campy groupset, Fulcrum wheelset (for changing out Shimano to Campy cassette)

Weaknesses:    Campy shifter lets me dump the cassette downshifting, but not upshifting, with one throw.

Bottom Line:
After 15 years with Bianchi Eros steel/Campy Mirage, I purchased red/white/black 2012 Infinito and had shop swap our 105 set for full mechanical Campy Athena. I was looking for century bike more efficient that my steel steed and the shop I used agreed to swap out groupsets (made easier because Fulcrum wheels can be modified with only cassette adaptor). I tested both Cannondale Synapse and Specialized Roubaix, and loved them both, but the local shops I checked out would only allow ordering top level frame with full Record group (exceeded budget). Since I could build Infinito from LBS from frame up, went with Athena compact crank and 11-25 cassestte.

This bike is a dream on centuries as well as going uphill. Always loved the Eros ride (with Campy triple), but the frame would flex under hard accelerations or going vertical. The Infinito simply jumps with each pedal stroke, and the frame soaks up all but the most severe road chatter. I could ride (and have ridden) this all day with hardly any road fatigue. Cannot believe how efficient this is. Very stable on downhills, with no frame wobble, and it corners as if on rails.

Only reason Value is not a 5 is that Campy stuff is expensive, but I prefer how the shifters operate compared to Shimano or SRAM. Personal preference.

If you are looking for a stable, light, efficient and smooth long-distance (and occasional fast peloton) bike, I highly recommend.

Favorite Ride:   Sunday breakfast rides (every Sunday unless the weather says "No."

Similar Products Used:   Tested Specialized Roubaix, Trek Domane, Cannondale Synapse.

Bike Setup:   Full Campy carbon Athena, Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels, Hutchinson clinchers.

Submitted by DH a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2013

Strengths:    Geometry, stability, looks, quality, stiff yet comfortable

Weaknesses:    Stock tires and handlebars

Bottom Line:
I've put about 2500 miles on my stock, celeste infinito. I was smart and ditched the original Fulcrum 5 wheels and tires for Ksyrium Elites AND put on a carbon handlebar (PRO). I never rode the wheelset so I cannot comment on those, but the original aluminum bar gave the bike a very harsh feeling in the front end. At first I was disappointed but then I swapped the bar out for carbon and it made a world of difference. The bike is stiff, yet smooth. After putting the carbon bar on, I could go 4 hours and not feel tired. I can't wait to try the newly designed infinito!

The stock Ultagra group works well too.

Similar Products Used:   C40, Roubaix, Isaac, BMC, Guerciotti

Bike Setup:   Ultegra 10, ksyrium elite wheels, conti tires

Submitted by Big John in La a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2013

Strengths:    Smooth ride. Predictable handling. Sharp looks.

Weaknesses:    White tires

Bottom Line:
I picked up a NOS 2011 Infinito for a very good price at a local bike shop. This was a serious upgrade from my budget aluminum Trek. The carbon frames absorbs a lot of road chatter. You still feel bumps but they are dampened considerably. The increased stiffness really makes the bike accelerate well. The light weight took a little getting used to. At first a quick turn at speed had a icy road type feel. This is my first carbon bike, friends have told that it is a normal feeling. The stock Fizik saddle was surprisingly comfortable. It has a very narrow nose. I am a large rider with thick thighs and constantly battle chafing. Not with this saddle though.The saddle had a slight concave to it that suited me. The Shimano 105 drivetrain is very smooth shifting. The crankset is a 50/ 34 FSA Gossamer. Very sharp looking in black with shiny aluminum machining. My only real complaint is the white Vittorii tires. The looked dirty after the first ride. I am partial to Gatorskins anyway so these will be replaced. The contour bars are comfortable. I am very happy with this bike and look forward to many miles on it.

Submitted by mjomaha

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2013

Strengths:    Fast, Comfortable, Stylish, Well-equiped Value

Weaknesses:    I was not fond of the tires that came on it. Three flats in 2 weeks, but now using Michelin Pro3 and have not had a problem since. Otherwise no weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
Fast, comfortable ride on stylish machine. Handles without fail on rough cobbles and street potholes. Climbs with gusto. I have been riding this for about 2500 miles now, and have only been passed on the trails once--by another Infinito (with aero wheels). I bought the Ultegra version, and have found it to be essentially flawless. As an older cyclist who had gotten out of shape, I have shed the pounds and can't wait to ride this bike every day. Sadly, my steel bike just waits in the garage and never gets chosen. My rides are usually 30-50 miles in length and frequently with strong head winds, and just a few hills.

anyone know what the wheel clearance of the old infinito is?

Have an old infinito (2010-2012) that I really like. shopping around for some new race wheels, and with all the big names- zipp, HED, ENVE, shimano, bontrager, reynolds, easton- going with wider rims, does anyone know if the older infinito can accomodate these wiser wheels? I know the infinito is ... Read More »

New Infinito CV!

Bianchi announced the new Infinito today, revised with viscoelastic material within the carbon fiber layup that is supposed to reduce rider fatigue. We've all heard those claims before, and it will be interesting to see some hard numbers (or at least some decent magazine reviews) but some of the pho ... Read More »

New Infinito Owner!!!

I have been doing online research for months and I got to drive up to Nashville and check out the 2013 models. I went with the Infinito with the Quattro wheels as a throw in upgrade along with celeste tape and hoods. I am waiting on some pedals from Wiggle then I can start riding. I have a couple ... Read More »

How to remove an Athena 11 rear derailleur from an Infinito ?

How to remove an Athena 11 rear dérailleur from an Infinito ? There is a hollow bolt of some kind. Maybe fits an Allen key or maybe its possibly splined. Anyhow which side is loosened - From the wheel side or from the outside ?Read More »

New Infinito Review

For a bike that's been out for a while, it's interesting to see that the Infinito is still being reviewed. Bicycling magazine finally got around to reviewing a 105-equipped model, and now road.cc review a Campy Athena model: [url=http://road.cc/content/review/76942-bianchi-infinito]Review: Bianch ... Read More »