Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon Road Bike

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

The Via Nirone 7 is a strong bike that is part of Bianchis Coast to Coast line. The C2C series of bicycles have been optimized for long distance racing and riding as well as provide outstanding comfort. The Via Nirone 7 features BAT and K-VID technology to help absorb vibration allowing you go the distance. The Via Nirone 7 105 features a strong mix of Shimano Ultegra and 105 components.

Submitted by sisu27 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2011

Strengths:    pretty light, very good geometry, good equipment(in my case, good balance quality-price)and last, but not least: great look; frame is bianchi celeste and everything on it (seat post, wheels, handlebar tape) are fitting perfect.

Weaknesses:    The link between transmission and direction, meaning human been :)

Bottom Line:
I've got it as my first road bike, previously I had several city bikes, with shifters in the rear hub, it came equipped with Ultegra line, rear/front, as I specified, cassette is a junior one 14-25, but good for me as beginner in road ride, and the crankset was a FSA Gossamer, hybrid, 52/39, which doesn't help me for climbing (I'm living in a mountain area) and I replaced it with a SL-K FSA MegaExeo compact crankset. Since then, I spent 2k miles with the bike, on flat as in climbing, 15 miles climbing with a difference of 1k miles in height, without any problem. It is a marvelous bike, by my side, as recreational rider. It is great and comfortable for long rides, 70-100 miles, with right adjustment on seat post off-course.

Favorite Ride:   Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu-Carbon, Ultegra

Purchased At:   sh, from a local cyc

Similar Products Used:   none

Bike Setup:   Crankset and tyres

Submitted by philipaparker a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2010

Strengths:    Ride comfort and handling, looks cool and goes fast.

Weaknesses:    Brakes and wheels.

Bottom Line:
Bianchi Coast 2 Coast, this is a review of the 2008 Via Nirone 7, with Ultegra Shifters and rear derailleur, FSA Gossamer compact crank, RC brakes, aluminum frame with a carbon and kevlar rear end. First off I changed out the handle bars and stem to regular size bars the bike came with compact bars, next the seat. Terry has some new seats out the FLX model super cool looking and a joy to ride. Next was the wheels the bike came with Shimano R-500 wheels so a placed and order with Neuvation for their M28x wheelset. The bike is very fast, looks great, is comfortable and accretes quickly. What’s not to like. I did have trouble with chain drop on the front derailleur, with a few adjustments and some chain lube everything is dialed in the bike shifts fine.
Stock brakes suck, I changed the pads to Dura Ace and still not great stopping power. I am going to upgrade to Ultegra brakes soon.

Favorite Ride:   Paradise Loop

Purchased At:   EBAY

Similar Products Used:   Bianchi Vigorelli, LOOK 555

Bike Setup:   Stock brakes, Ultegra shifters, 105 FD, Ultegra RD, 12-27 cassette, FSA Gossamer Compact crank 50/34, FSA Stem, FSA Energy Handlebars, Terry FLX saddle, bar-phat bar tape, Continental Gadorskins 700X25 tires, Neuvation M28x wheelset

Submitted by nhennessey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2010

Strengths:    Carbon fiber fork and seat stays soak up bumps and buzz. Comfortable for miles.

Weaknesses:    The wheels look nice with the rest of the bike because of the black spokes, but need to be replaced.

Bottom Line:
Bought a used road bike that was way too small and was able to trade it in on a new Bianchi. I love the bike; it has a lot of power, looks great, and is very comfortable to ride. It is balanced and fast on long stretches, plus it climbs and sprints well when necessary. I look forward to replacing the wheels, but other than that I have loved this bike.

Favorite Ride:   long and flat

Purchased At:   Daniel Boone Cycles

Similar Products Used:   First road bike

Bike Setup:   stock
aluminum; carbon fork and stays with kevlar inserts
Tiagra shifters and derailleurs
Joytech hubs with Rigida wheels
Prowheel crankset
FSA custom headset
San Marco Ponza saddle

Submitted by jbaldauff a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2009

Strengths:    Comfortable.
Looks.
Handling.

Weaknesses:    Wheelset.
Crankset.

Bottom Line:
I have used this bike for six months now and it has been great. It is fast, super comfortable, and a great all-around ride. It also looks awesome. Hydroformed frame makes it really stand out and it has a great paint job.

My Via Nirone is equipped with Tiagra. The brakes are Bianchi-branded RC and are actually pretty decent. The only weaknesses I have found are the Rigida Wheelset and the ProWheel Ounce crankset. The wheels are garbage and will be replaced as soon as I have money to lace a set of Mavic Open Pros onto some 105 hubs. Also, the ProWheel Ounce crankset is OK but not work keeping on the bike unless you are a beginner.

This is a fast bike but really comfy and feels good in the saddle for hours. I know they were available on Jensonusa.com for awhile and they had some super deals on them.

Favorite Ride:   Sheridan Road north of Chicago

Saddle: Brooks B17
Pedals: Look Keo

Submitted by davidlawjensen a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2009

Strengths:    Fast, light-weight, and comfortable over long distances. Great looking bike, I've gotten a ton of compliments on it and as this is my first road bike, I am loving it!

Weaknesses:    None so far, I haven't ridden long enough to know what to look or feel for but so far I am super happy with it. The only upgrade or change will be a Profile Design Carbon Stryke Aero bar in the next couple months.

Bottom Line:
Finally took the plunge and got the bike I've wanted for a long time. I shopped the local shops to see what was around and got sized and ended up buying this online from jensonusa.com. They built it and shipped to me in the biggest box I've ever rec'd anything in. Everything is solid on it, I do a lot of mixed riding on hilly and flat terrain so there is plenty of shifting through the Shimano 105 shifters and gears. Very smooth bike, and a great deal because I bought the 2008 version brand new and saved a ton over the 2009 (which is pretty much the same bike). This is a great entry level race bike for someone serious about the sport but doesn't want to spend into the several thousand dollar range. Great components all around will stand up to plenty of use... just plan on spending another $500+ to get all the rest of the gear if you're just starting out... helmet, shorts, jersey, shoes, etc.

Purchased At:   jensonusa.com